Home

NCAA 14 Community Week Starting Tonight

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Community Week Starting Tonight within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #49
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 14 Community Week Starting Tonight

Not gonna lie after buying every single year since 04 Im very close to taking a pass on this years game. I really think they need to put the playoff available in dynasty mode along with a totally new design for dynasty. Gameplay needs a lot of work with all the canned play but the physics engine will help. Also need to see if there will be variety between players, teams, and coaches for me to really consider purchasing it.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #50
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharp14
Not gonna lie after buying every single year since 04 Im very close to taking a pass on this years game. I really think they need to put the playoff available in dynasty mode along with a totally new design for dynasty. Gameplay needs a lot of work with all the canned play but the physics engine will help. Also need to see if there will be variety between players, teams, and coaches for me to really consider purchasing it.
I've got to believe one of the biggest things they add this year is a playoff. Even if it's for 4 teams, they have to give you the option. Maybe an option to do either Bowls or a Playoff, which is something they actually had WAAAAAY back in NCAA Football '99. I'd LOVE it if the NCAA gave them the go-ahead to do allow the user to pick from a 4/8/12/16 team playoff to end a season.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #51
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Beyond the obvious bug fixes that have already been mention and are sorely needed, I'd love it if they fixed the stadium sound. Ever since they started tinkering with the "big stadiums will sound like big stadiums....small stadiums will sound like small stadiums" the presentation has suffered due to muted stadium crowd noise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #52
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharp14
The only way I'll pass is if they don't update the line interaction/physics. Because if they did that, there would be no way I could stick with '13.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #53
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I think its dreadfully important that EA ends the generation on the right note. They need to get down to the big gameplay issues, because they can dance around the other stuff all they want, but people will stop buying if the gameplay sucks. I think I speak for most of OS when I say if these five things can be fixed, EA will be on the right path.

1. OVERHAUL TO LINEPLAY

There are so many things dreadfully wrong with the lineplay as it is, that it completely ruins other aspects of the game. For instance, because no pass rush from the outside is generated, the sliders have to be juiced to put any kind of pressure on the QB. This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean that the DT's ended up picking up most of the sacks.

It's also important that EA changes the way AI reacts/handles positioning. For instance, if a rusher has the outside edge on a blocker, the only way that rusher should be blocked is if the OLineman has superior skill. Line play should be all about ratings, size, and positioning. Instead, its pretty much all based on chance.

2. BETTER PLAYCALL LOGIC

Teams should constantly be trying to throw the other team off. Instead, in NCAA, you can almost predict what the other team is going to do every single down. So here are a few tips for the EA guys who work on playcalling:

a) Do NOT have a team run four verticals more than once or twice a game, and especially not on 1st or 2nd down. This play is an immersion killer in so many ways.

b) Let teams set up the run, and then move into the play action game. I can't remember the last time I saw a team like Alabama run the ball down my throat and then catch me off guard with play action.

c) Make sure the CPU doesn't have a "go to" play. Last year, it the constant HB screens, the year before that it was four verts. Let the CPU space it out.

d) Give the CPU some kind of logical decision making in the fourth quarter and the end of half. It sucks so bad when a team is trying to hurry down the field with a few seconds left and runs a draw play.

3. SPECIAL TEAMS

Yes, we are still complaining about it. Why? Because it's as if it doesn't exist in the series. This should be the least complicated area of the game, yet it is by far the worst part. Blocked kick/punts need to be able to happen via bad blocking. Returners should make dynamic runs and the blocking should actually resemble blocking.

4. WR/DB INTERACTION

When the ball is in the air -- and even before it gets in the air, for that matter -- the DB and WR should have interaction. That means hands on back and forth, trying to get in position to make the catch. Even if you have to can the animations so that there is some physical play involved, you have to get it done.

5. MAKE THE FIELD BIGGER

College football has become a game of space. Get the ball into your players hands, and then let them make the play in space. This, unfortunately, cannot happen in the NCAA series because the field is much too small. Look at games like FIFA and NBA 2K, which have the spacing pretty much nailed down.
This looks like something you would read before NCAA 11, 12 and 13 were released.

Makes you wonder if these same complaints are posted every year how much are they (EA) really listening to consumers?
Westview Basketball #33
Old 01-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #54
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I've got to believe one of the biggest things they add this year is a playoff. Even if it's for 4 teams, they have to give you the option. Maybe an option to do either Bowls or a Playoff, which is something they actually had WAAAAAY back in NCAA Football '99. I'd LOVE it if the NCAA gave them the go-ahead to do allow the user to pick from a 4/8/12/16 team playoff to end a season.

We'll find out soon enough, but my feeling all along has been that they won't add a playoff until next year when it's in the real NCAA, and when they do, it will be limited to what exists in real life.

That's fine by me because there are so many other issues that are much more pressing that should be addressed first, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #55
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
We'll find out soon enough, but my feeling all along has been that they won't add a playoff until next year when it's in the real NCAA, and when they do, it will be limited to what exists in real life.

That's fine by me because there are so many other issues that are much more pressing that should be addressed first, IMO.
Wouldn't it be nice if they included the playoff in year 2 of the dynasty (which would be the 2014 season and thus accurate).....of course I'm not holding my breath and will expect to see more new team-specific entrances than something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #56
Rookie

ZenOnU44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
Blocking. More blocking. Some more blocking. And FIX THE BLOCKING!!!!! That's all. And add playoffs. That's all too.
Gotta agree with this. The blocking drives me nuts sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »