Home

David Pollack Working with EA Sports, NCAA Football 14?

This is a discussion on David Pollack Working with EA Sports, NCAA Football 14? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: David Pollack Working with EA Sports, NCAA Football 14?

I know this is OT, but I checked the release date book at Gamestop and it appears as if they have NCAA 14 slated for a July 2nd release. I can't remember it being this early in the past although I could be wrong. I know it's not much earlier but it just seems earlier than usual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Maybe Pollack and Davis might do some sort of college gameday pre/half/post show? What im hoping for is the bring in Brent Musburger for commentary with Herbie. They can still use Nessler for regular games but for the saturday night primetime games (game of the week), conf championships, bcs bowls it would be cool to hear musburger on commentary. also for those particular games they should use the abc theme and intro.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #27
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignjah11
Maybe Pollack and Davis might do some sort of college gameday pre/half/post show? What im hoping for is the bring in Brent Musburger for commentary with Herbie. They can still use Nessler for regular games but for the saturday night primetime games (game of the week), conf championships, bcs bowls it would be cool to hear musburger on commentary. also for those particular games they should use the abc theme and intro.
YES YES YES lol I said this in a thread I made not too long ago but their chemistry would bring life to Commentary IMHO

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 01-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
I know this is OT, but I checked the release date book at Gamestop and it appears as if they have NCAA 14 slated for a July 2nd release. I can't remember it being this early in the past although I could be wrong. I know it's not much earlier but it just seems earlier than usual.
That is early. I would think the 9th or even the 16th would make more sense. It seems like it usually comes out Mid-July to me. Or sometime in the early teen days like 10-15ish. I won't complain if it comes out the 2nd though.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #29
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Could it mean that they are "CONFIDENT" that they are going to publish a game that will satisfy us ALL

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #30
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
If i was a betting man, July 9th would be the release date. The 16th seems too late. The 2nd would be great! Id take a later release date if they work the bugs out.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm hoping this improves gameplay somehow!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #32
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
That is early. I would think the 9th or even the 16th would make more sense. It seems like it usually comes out Mid-July to me. Or sometime in the early teen days like 10-15ish. I won't complain if it comes out the 2nd though.
It used to come out late July, but it has slowly crept up to mid-early July. So it wouldn't surprise me all that much if they moved it up to July 2nd. More potential buys until Madden comes out.

Anyway, back on topic: This Pollack thing has me perplexed. Is he doing voice work? If so, what kind? He's not a sideline person, so him filling that "Erin Andrews" role in the game would be odd. But what else is there for him to do unless EA has finally decided to give everyone a Pre-game/Post-game show or a halftime show?

Personally, I'd love a halftime show that did what the studio updates did. Just go around the nation and show scores. Let the ticker flash if there's a big update mid-game instead of interrupting my game. They could then show highlights of your game and have Pollack give a vague description of what your team is doing well.

That would be neat. But this is all just wishful thinking. Truthful news from EA can't come soon enough, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »