Home

Cheesing/Cheating and Why?

This is a discussion on Cheesing/Cheating and Why? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #17
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Cheesing/Cheating and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
That's why last season's CG between FSU and tOSU in our OD was great. FSU is actually a close friend of mine. I won by 3 because he went for the game winning TD instead of FG. We don't move LBs and Ss around to abuse the CPU controlled players. I know most think that is legit but the game's AI cannot handle certain things. So you have a Maryland team sack Braxton Miller 9 times because the O-line gets confused by bringing up the S or moving the LB in a way the original play does not allow. Again, if I could control a WR I bet the user controlling the S would rethink.

In the end it comes down to is it a game that you want to win no matter what or is it a simulation you want to play like real life football?
This last part is not realistic right now. The way the game works you have to do things that football wise make no sense because of how the game works. When the CPU knows what play you call in the huddle and your audibles you have to rely on certain plays by the 4th quarter because the CPU will adjust(read: cheat) to stop your offense and destroy your defense.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #18
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
This last part is not realistic right now. The way the game works you have to do things that football wise make no sense because of how the game works. When the CPU knows what play you call in the huddle and your audibles you have to rely on certain plays by the 4th quarter because the CPU will adjust(read: cheat) to stop your offense and destroy your defense.
I know. Then factor in the fact you obviously don't want to lose so you sometime unwillingly use plays to score or get in position to score for the win. Next gen hopefully fixes this.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
Pro

Haze88's Arena

Quote:
I know. Then factor in the fact you obviously don't want to lose so you sometime unwillingly use plays to score or get in position to score for the win. Next gen hopefully fixes this.
It also sucks knowing that I have guaranteed plays for a GW drive. Someone in the DB Glitch thread compared it to having a HR button at your disposal in an MLB game. It cheapens the experience to know, barring the CPU cheating, I have a 100% play to call to set up a GW FG or TD. Maybe they step up on the PS4
Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Quote:
It also sucks knowing that I have guaranteed plays for a GW drive. Someone in the DB Glitch thread compared it to having a HR button at your disposal in an MLB game. It cheapens the experience to know, barring the CPU cheating, I have a 100% play to call to set up a GW FG or TD. Maybe they step up on the PS4
Which is worserererer? DB glitch or the CPU playing certain games lights out because they know every play you choose. I get two to three games a season like this. Sometimes it is a big rival or ranked team. Doesn't bother me too much. But when 0-6 Miami of Ohio plays like Bama...I have an issue.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #21
Pro

Haze88's Arena

Quote:
Which is worserererer? DB glitch or the CPU playing certain games lights out because they know every play you choose. I get two to three games a season like this. Sometimes it is a big rival or ranked team. Doesn't bother me too much. But when 0-6 Miami of Ohio plays like Bama...I have an issue.
The DB glitch doesn't affect me much anymore, unless it happens to me, since my team and scheme isn't designed to go deep. I just experienced the lights out thing vs Miss. St and I was livid. I couldn't call read option or the DE would do the half speed trot to cover both the QB and HB, their line split a double-team almost every play and my receivers' drop would become INT's because they were wearing the DBs and LBs as jerseys. I lost 27-24 only because I started running a lot of 4 Verts since no other plays would work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Quote:
The DB glitch doesn't affect me much anymore, unless it happens to me, since my team and scheme isn't designed to go deep. I just experienced the lights out thing vs Miss. St and I was livid. I couldn't call read option or the DE would do the half speed trot to cover both the QB and HB, their line split a double-team almost every play and my receivers' drop would become INT's because they were wearing the DBs and LBs as jerseys. I lost 27-24 only because I started running a lot of 4 Verts since no other plays would work.
I had the same thing against Michigan State. I am Ohio State. I won 20-17. They had Braxton Miller covered no matter what he ran. Their FB caught a 54 yards TD screen. Every pass play was covered. If I came out in Read Option the LBs were already shifted to that side. I finally scored on the Read Option because Miller got hurt and Kenny Guiton confused the game. When he was in I could run all day. EA has never played a game of football in their life. LOL
Old 02-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #23
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Running two schemes on defense isn't cheese in my opinion. It is a sign of a bad game, yes, but it is not unbeatable, and is not a true exploit.

Kicking onside kicks is not cheese, nor is going for it on fourth down. The cheese would come from if the player is using an exploit to make these plays more profitable than they should.

The squib kick thing is definite cheese. The ball physics in this game is so screwed up. The AI does not react properly (as in how a person would) which allows for the kicking team to exploit and negate the kicking game.

Four Verts, as I explained earlier, is one of those cheesy plays that cannot be stopped by scheme alone.

I will elaborate on that a bit. If a certain offensive play requires heavy User influence or manipulation on defense (given a competent defense) with the proper counter coverage to stop the play, it is cheese. The AI should be alone should be able to cover a play, even in user vs user.

Stick skills are still an important part, but so is the mind game of picking plays.

The game is so broken that I have given up on it. Maybe one day EA Tiburon will decide to do what EVERY other sports game has done, stop the gimmicks and make the game emulate its real world counterpart.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #24
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Running two schemes on defense isn't cheese in my opinion. It is a sign of a bad game, yes, but it is not unbeatable, and is not a true exploit.

Kicking onside kicks is not cheese, nor is going for it on fourth down. The cheese would come from if the player is using an exploit to make these plays more profitable than they should.

The squib kick thing is definite cheese. The ball physics in this game is so screwed up. The AI does not react properly (as in how a person would) which allows for the kicking team to exploit and negate the kicking game.

Four Verts, as I explained earlier, is one of those cheesy plays that cannot be stopped by scheme alone.

I will elaborate on that a bit. If a certain offensive play requires heavy User influence or manipulation on defense (given a competent defense) with the proper counter coverage to stop the play, it is cheese. The AI should be alone should be able to cover a play, even in user vs user.

Stick skills are still an important part, but so is the mind game of picking plays.

The game is so broken that I have given up on it. Maybe one day EA Tiburon will decide to do what EVERY other sports game has done, stop the gimmicks and make the game emulate its real world counterpart.
I agree. Stick skills are nice but if you take the S and bring him to the line to press, you in theory should be able to adjust on offense. The gimmicks make people think they are football masterminds when in reality you would never see it in the RL game without it getting beat badly.

The picking of plays should be the chess match more than the stick skills IMO. If you can only control the QB then RB or WR after the throw you are at a disadvantage compared to the defense. Part of me thinks some decent line play might help this a bit. I am sure EA will screw it up in the end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »