Home

What Playbooks do you use

This is a discussion on What Playbooks do you use within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What Playbooks do you use

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatek99
I would really like to find a good defense. My D is a 97 overall, with mostly young guys. A majoirty of my starters will be a Junior and Soph next year.

However, even with my 97 rating, I gave up the most pass yards and pts last year. I would say I gave up over 35 pts a game and 50 a couple of times. Crazy thing is I also led the nation in interceptions.

We play 7 min quarters. Is my D really that bad? Or is it because I score over 70 pts a game and the CPU gets the ball a crap ton a game?
To answer this question, scoring a lot of points does make it more difficult to stop the computer's offense. By you scoring quickly you are giving the computer more possessions and keeping your defense on the field more, so they are more tired throughout the game.

I created my own defensive playbook mostly to sort out what I use from what I do not use. When I had my Marshall team that I built into a powerhouse I ran a lot of 4-2-5 with a little nickel and dime and every once in awhile I would mix in some different formations. Now that I switched to a just horrible Akron team I have been using my 4-2-5, dime, nickel, 4-3, 4-4. 5-2 just because I do not have the same type of athletes such as a corner or safety that can play the run well, or an OLB that has the speed and ability to play coverage well (they seem to have trouble doing well where they are best suited, ha).

On offense I have to have a custom playbook as I like to run a little bit of everything.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I use off/def CPB for the both myself and cpu. I took out all the cover 6 plays and double corner blitzes on defense for the cpu. I also took out all option plays for none option teams and 4 vert plays. The cpu plays a much better game doing that.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

ive been testing playing vs the option. its my 3rd yr as MTSU and im using Georgia Tech as the option opposition as i believe they run the "full" veer option not pistol read etc. a full triple option offence, fb/rb/qb.

now my mlb1, rolb1 are solid. rolb2 is playing as lolb1. mlb2 aint great so rolb3 is better than mlb2-4 or any spare olbs (even with awr hit). cb1/2 are solid. fs1 is great fs2 is better than ss1.

i tried 3-4 odd pinch and spread lbers. then same formation the olb fire with mlb as spy and all man coverage (forget the name) spread lbers. obvious passing i went with cover 2 zone in that formation with mlb spy while other mlb is hook.

then tried 3-3-5 stack and that wasnt great because ss1/2 arent super. used cover 1/2/1 spy and a couple of blitzes.

and i tried 4-2-5 but my dt 2 isnt great.

now at this point i havent done formation subs. in the last case i could make rolb2/3 the des and le1>dt2. however ss2 is the 3rd db in that formation and ss2 for me is fs2 and he takes the awr hit.

its the first time ive played a team that plays the triple option 90% of the time. suggestions would be welcome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
ive been testing playing vs the option. its my 3rd yr as MTSU and im using Georgia Tech as the option opposition as i believe they run the "full" veer option not pistol read etc. a full triple option offence, fb/rb/qb.

now my mlb1, rolb1 are solid. rolb2 is playing as lolb1. mlb2 aint great so rolb3 is better than mlb2-4 or any spare olbs (even with awr hit). cb1/2 are solid. fs1 is great fs2 is better than ss1.

i tried 3-4 odd pinch and spread lbers. then same formation the olb fire with mlb as spy and all man coverage (forget the name) spread lbers. obvious passing i went with cover 2 zone in that formation with mlb spy while other mlb is hook.

then tried 3-3-5 stack and that wasnt great because ss1/2 arent super. used cover 1/2/1 spy and a couple of blitzes.

and i tried 4-2-5 but my dt 2 isnt great.

now at this point i havent done formation subs. in the last case i could make rolb2/3 the des and le1>dt2. however ss2 is the 3rd db in that formation and ss2 for me is fs2 and he takes the awr hit.

its the first time ive played a team that plays the triple option 90% of the time. suggestions would be welcome
Did you post this in the wrong thread?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

no, but its an example of why formations in a cpb are important, sub other position players in and you take the awr hit. using this as an example.

do people in their def cpb have specific counter to the veer via a certain formation? do you use that formation vs any other offence?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »