Home

Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14

This is a discussion on Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #33
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Why does Ben even try? lol.

I don't know about you guys, but I would rather just not know a single thing until July 13th and then just make the best of it from there. Because now I will have his PR stuff in the back of my mind when recruiting.

This whole things just comes off as EA saying, "Hey, WVU. Give us a couple worthless tips that we will pretend to listen to and you can get some pub." "Well shoot. Sounds fine."

Going back to what I said though, I'm so tired of this BS by Ben! Please make some one else your spokesman. He knows, we know it, even EA knows it (Or maybe they don't because they don't even know they release a NCAA Football game!?) that he is the epitome of the NCAA franchise. STALE.

I tried to not listen to any news on 13 until release date, but around late May I couldn't take it anymore. This year I'm listening, and 90% sure I will buy (and yes I know this is why they are successful) but I have a really strong feeling if all we get is how players now decommit in an overly dramatic overdone way and Infinity engine 1.25, I will honestly pass.

There's just too many games out there. I am a die-hard fan of college football, but there just comes a point...

This is a thanks but no thanks. Don't give us this. I would rather wait for the video of how its done properly.

Maybe EA just goes on OS and laughs at how mad we get. Who knows at this point lol
Old 03-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #34
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Skeptical doesn't even cover it. As mentioned earlier in this thread - but something I'll elaborate on with a bit more detail - this "De-commit" thing could - and probably will - be way overdone by EA. They have no concept of the word SUBTLETY.

If every couple years you had one 5-star player or if you take over North Texas and lose a 3-star, then fine. But what frightens me is that we'll all have a bunch of players "committed" to our team, and then on Signing Day half of them will bail on you. THIS is what EA typically does. It's always ALL or NOTHING with them - they know no middle ground, they have no idea that implementing something new that happens RARELY would actually be cool.

Skeptical... Nah... I'm POSITIVE they will screw this up badly. There's 7 years of games this gen to back that thought process up...
I don't know much about de-commit period so I did a Google search, found this. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...cruiting-world

While I agree that Tiburon is known for being one extreme or the other, it doesn't seem that de-committing is that rare. I'm not at all suggesting you are wrong about Tiburon likely not implementing this in a realistic manner, just that after a brief read of that article, de-committing doesn't seem as rare or as big of a deal as I took your post making it out to be.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #35
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Here's hoping they will get rid of hard commits - at least the top guys - in Week 2 of the regular season. How about making National Signing Day special? How about once a kid has narrowed his choices, get rid of the -1 thing and replace it with something like "Mulling Offer". The top school could be ESPN's pick as to what school is leading the race. That part should be completely random so it doesn't give away who is actually leading the race. Then you and your buddies duke it out over the 5 week recruiting period leading up to NSD. Imagine sitting through a little draft type screen as the top 10 or so prospects (maybe storyline prospects) announce where they are going. Then another quick advance populates all the other unsigned guys.

I don't know, I'm just rambling. Its late and I can't sleeep but I sure hope they add some drama to the recruiting process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #36
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Not to get too far off topic, but as a roster editor, I've always thought it would be sweet to be able to edit recruiting classes. How sweet would it be for a few years to be able to create the rivals top 300?? I think it would be fun to recruit real players, at least for 2 seasons.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #37
Rookie

ryan's Arena

OVR: 1

I play CH2K8 religiously....the dynasty depth is amazing and its fun trying to recruit a guy who is dead set on going to his dream school

how can they nail something great 4 years ago and forget now?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #38
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

I can see it now.

Florida Gators 2013 recruiting class

5* Tony Roy has decommitted
5* Jackie Moon has decommitted
5* Luke Richard has decommitted
5* Blaine Dodson has decommitted
1* Troy Cooper has commited
Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #39
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
I play CH2K8 religiously....the dynasty depth is amazing and its fun trying to recruit a guy who is dead set on going to his dream school

how can they nail something great 4 years ago and forget now?
CH2K8 was made by 2K....
Old 03-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #40
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
I still don't understand why they don't have a signing day special. You wouldn't even have to have a video presentation of them putting on a hat. You could just do it like coaching carousel with words. I just think signing day is the most exciting day in the college football off season, even for the coaches. It just needs to be more dramatic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »