Home

Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14

This is a discussion on Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #57
Rookie

alemic's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Realistic Recruiting Expected in NCAA Football 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Only if they actually make them carry through to in-game commentary (which they won't because they can't do that for the 'real' players), otherwise it's useless.
They wouldn't be 'real' players they would be made up ones just like they did in Madden.

Personally I think this would be the best feature they could possibly put in with it also connecting with Madden. Imagine if what you did in NCAA got uploaded to Madden and those were the stories they talked about in Madden. Obviously some things would have to be vague such as "He broke Ohio States school passing record in week 14" as far as the commentary went but the twitter updates could include all the actual stats.
9-4 Sun Belt Champs
Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #58
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND fan 84
they should implement 30 or 40 different recruiting classes all with back stories like the draft classes in madden.
No. Too many problems with draft class cheaters
Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #59
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND fan 84
they should implement 30 or 40 different recruiting classes all with back stories like the draft classes in madden.
No. I hate the predetermined draft classes in Madden. I like the randomness of old. You never know what each recruiting class is going to have in it.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #60
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Skeptical doesn't even cover it. As mentioned earlier in this thread - but something I'll elaborate on with a bit more detail - this "De-commit" thing could - and probably will - be way overdone by EA. They have no concept of the word SUBTLETY.

If every couple years you had one 5-star player or if you take over North Texas and lose a 3-star, then fine. But what frightens me is that we'll all have a bunch of players "committed" to our team, and then on Signing Day half of them will bail on you. THIS is what EA typically does. It's always ALL or NOTHING with them - they know no middle ground, they have no idea that implementing something new that happens RARELY would actually be cool.

Skeptical... Nah... I'm POSITIVE they will screw this up badly. There's 7 years of games this gen to back that thought process up...
You are so right about the over doing every new feature. They had Megatron who is a big TE sized WR on the cover so you knew they were going to try to play that up. Every draft class has
like 15 guys of that size in it (6'5", 235) when in reality you might get two guys like that in a decade.

Its like they have to justify the new feature by MAKING SURE you see it at every turn. So I'm certain every school is going to have like 10 last second de-commits
Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #61
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezapleez
No. I hate the predetermined draft classes in Madden. I like the randomness of old. You never know what each recruiting class is going to have in it.
My momma always said draft classes are like a box of chocolates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #62
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Yep. I would say the only 2 attributes that REALLY matter besides speed for any recruit is THP and THA for QB. If you have a QB with high THP and THA, and the rest of your team is fast, you are set on this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I would say go back to some of the threads by GotMadSkillzSon and you'll know were my comments derive from.

I as well as others have been tweaking Ratings for years to try and get AI players to behave somewhat differently which has led to Recruiting serving little need because outside of Speed, that 1 Star player at Sac State played "The Same" as that Blue Chip that signed with Alabama at every position across the board (as far as being AI controlled).

Until there is a difference between a 1 Star and 5 Star player, again, Recruiting is meaningless because your 30 min spent in this phase has the "Same Exact" Gameplay outcome as the gamer who just skip/sim past.

If one chooses to spend time going through and getting something out of the Recruiting, good for them, but there is no error in my statement. Speed has always been the foundation EA football has been built on top of.

Players do not behave differently (1 Star through 5 Star) when the AI controls them.
In my 22 seasons in '13 this has absolutely not been even close to my experience. For examples:

I've seen really fast DEs with average block shedding skills and they've only been okay, but I've had slow DEs with excellent block shedding skills and they've been MONSTERS as pass rushers. All of my career leading sackers have been those with great block shedding (in my OD my career sack leader has 98/99/99 for FMV/PMV/BSH but only 70 SPD/ACC).

At HB I usually have a thunder/lightning combo and I've always had much better success with the 99 TRK guys than the 99 SPD/ACC guys. My best guy had 99 TRK and 93 SPD. The 2nd best HB I've had in my OD graduated with only 82 SPD. I've also had balanced guys play much better than the pure speed backs.

I love SPD at CB, but I always pick the 99 cover/90 SPD guys over the 90 cover/99 SPD guys as they've always played better.

At OLB I've had guys that graduate with 90+ SPD but because the rest of their skills are less they've never performed we'll for me. I've started going for the high tackle/high cover/high shedding/80ish SPD OLBs and they play way, way better.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 03-15-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #63
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
I hope this means recruits can follow you to a new school if you're hired by different team at the end of the season.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #64
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I really hope they don't do prewritten stories for recruits like they did with CCM.

The classes are too similar as is, making an expected progression of classes will kill it for me. They need more variety before trying to toss in backstories which in Madden weren't all that great in the first place. (( As in, while it was a nice feature I wouldn't miss it if it were taken out))

If they make dynamic storylines that randomly generate, cool, but pre rendered classes = no go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »