Home

NCAA 13 was my first game in the series and...

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 was my first game in the series and... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NCAA 13 was my first game in the series and...

A word of advice: don't spend too much time in this (or the Madden) forums. Not saying that the complaints raised aren't valid, but they can also zap the fun from the game.

Just play these games for what they are. If you enjoy NCAA, that's great. If you don't, move on and play something else.

I tried to make Madden 13 work for me but in the end, it wasn't enjoyable so I traded it in. NCAA 13 I still play (not as much recently, but I still have it) and that's largely due to me avoiding all the bug/glitches talk.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with DJ big time.

I stay out of all bug threads, complaint threads etc.

I love my sports video games more than any other genre and want to judge for myself.

NCAA 13 is a really good game and IMO the best next gen football game made thus far. I really tried with Madden 13 and while it was decent it really was not a tight title at all.

NCAA 13 has a lot of good things in it to keep you playing for many seasons. I could not even make it to week 8 on Madden 13. CCM is a hot mess.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree with DJ and Armor & Sword as well. After a few weeks of NCAA 12, I read almost nothing but the bugs/glitches forums. I used to get so frustrated with that game; it came to a point where it felt like I was looking for something to complain about rather than to enjoy the game. So stay far, far away from those forums, They'll completely kill the level of enjoyment you have for this game. Haven't read a bug forum in nearly a year, and I've come to love NCAA 13 again. I'm even contemplating trading in Madden. Even the infinity engine can't get me through the playoffs in CCM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamantic
I'm with you. I'm an average OS user, and before I started coming here I enjoyed NCAA Football games much, much more due to everyone pointing out flaws here along with complaints. I may have seen some things I didn't like in NCAA Football before coming here, but I understood it was a video game and it wasn't going to be perfect. Now when I play I become this perfectionist who is never satisfied with gameplay because of my acknowledgement of all these problems I never noticed before.

I, for one, enjoy this game a lot, maybe not as much as I did before, but I think people are too harsh on the game creator sometimes.
This is why I don't visit these forums much until around release time when the new information comes in and there's actually a point to it instead of it just being a bitch-fest, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Oh and to the OP: This is by a country mile the best version of NCAA so you picked a good year to jump in my friend. Now enjoy the heck out of it for another 14 weeks or so until we get the new game!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #22
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't mind the bitching at all because most of it (IMO) is warranted. I just think it should contained in certain threads, and outside of those threads at a minimum. Also think people shouldn't dump on each other for liking or disliking the game. It's ok to have differing opinions. Too much of this mob type mentality on here. I probably have more gripes about the game than most, but I play the game in way where it works for me (heavy editing).

OP, this is the best NCAA for this generation by far (no need getting anything older unless it's from the last generation). There is only one thing the previous iteration does better, but it's gameplay/glitch related (and I won't mention it unless you can spot it yourself since it's not a big deal to those who don't notice it).
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #23
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

I certainly wouldn't call it perfect but I think it's the best game they've produced since NCAA 06. I'd love to see Coaching Carousel get some improved logic and I think recruiting could also use some more realistic logic. I typically only sim games so gameplay bugs don't really bother me that much. I think they are getting close to having an excellent dynasty mode.
NHL: Washington Capitals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »