Home

This Game has So Many Fundamental Flaws Its Crazy

This is a discussion on This Game has So Many Fundamental Flaws Its Crazy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
This Game has So Many Fundamental Flaws Its Crazy

This game in not, quote unquote perfect. This guy has so many flaws it not even funny. Here are just some

1. Line Interaction- The linemen look ********. The play is so scripted. Also, if a lineman is not covering anyone, he just stands there with his hands in front on him. He doesn't even stand in front of the QB looking for any blitzing Defenders. He just stand there with his arms out, until he is sucked into an animation when the player is a certain distance away. Sometimes that doesn't happen and the QB is easily sacked. This is starting to ruin this game for me.

2. Boring presentation- Studio updates need to actually include highlights as well as they do in real life. I want to be able to at least see clips from otehr games. Maybe even a gameday feature in which we see a few scenes from Gmeday. This takes me into my next point.

3. Non-immersive dynasty- I am not compelled by dynasty. Most of what I do is repeating button clicks over and over again on recruiting,. playing a game a year, getting to the bowls, and rinse and repeat. Coaching carousel is not very good. There are logic issues, and really its average at best. Its not even that interesting. Like Really, mid major head coaches not getting offers to upper class teams except Dook? Really?

4. Recruiting is mediocre- Ok so I have to preface this saying that this is not a complete attack on recruiting. Recruiting is okay, but at this point its just pointless buttons mashing. Thats all. The same thinge very week until yur guy commits. Boring as all hell.

And the most glaring flaw by far...

5. DEFENSIVE PASS COVERAGE- You all know its true. The Pass D by Ai, especially on the user team is terrible. Especially on Deep Passes. This is almost certainly a glitch, and it goes to show how badly EA messed up the fundamentals of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: This Game has So Many Fundamental Flaws Its Crazy

People have been saying all this since the game came out, hell since 12 came out. What's the point of this thread?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
People have been saying all this since the game came out, hell since 12 came out. What's the point of this thread?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agree with most of these though I still have fun with the game. But I'm willing to bet not as much fun as I could have if the game was more realistic. I agree with you on dynasty, especially recently. I can't figure out a way to make the game challenging. When I first started my dynasty in NCAA 12, it would take me a couple of years to build a team up. It wasn't until a bit into my dynasty that I started winning championships with ease. Now I'm taking 1-11 and 2-10 teams to 10+ win seasons in a year early in my dynasty. I feel like I've hit the ceiling. Online Dynasty is fun though.

As for the showing highlights, I feel like that would be difficult to do but I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about how video games are made.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6
Showing highlights from other CPU games have been done in a football game before. It wasn't during the game though.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

I wouldn't call recruiting mediocre. It can obviously get better but I'm satisfied with the advancements they've made this gen. Gameplay on the other hand....
Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I won't dispute any of the flaws but I still love and play this game at least a couple of times a week.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #8
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_hook
u might get banned for critizing EA be careful............
lol best line of the year so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »