Home

Sim Fans Vs Casual Fans. Who EA REALLY Listen To.

This is a discussion on Sim Fans Vs Casual Fans. Who EA REALLY Listen To. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sim Fans Vs Casual Fans. Who EA REALLY Listen To.

In response to the OP: I think they try to listen to everyone. They can only do so much. I'm not trying to defend EA, but my guess is they spent the last 3 years working on RTP knowing they were hand cuffed with the last nightmare. I'd imagine at some point they realized they couldn't do much to fix all the issues with the previous games and focused on the new engine. Now the question is will it all pay off? I certainly feel it will. Casual fan or hardcore SIM, there is a strong balanced market and a ton of money to be made in a college football game. My guess is they try to take care of both sides. For us hardcore NCAA'ers, it's hard to to grasp just how many copies are probably sold to people who hardy play the game, or care to come here and talk about it. I'm pretty excited/optimistic about the new info coming out.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

I'd say they listen to both.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

What is the definition of a "Casual Fan" ?

It it someone who wants scores in the 60-80 range and over the top NFL Blitz moments?

Or would "Casual" also include guys that want a pretty realistic game, but also like to play games in under an hour. So they may play shorter quarters, and might not mind seeing things like penalties occur at a less than realistic rate. The guys that like to see plausible yardage totals, but may not freak out if the punting averages are 3 yards beyond real punting averages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Let me just ask you guys this:

What's the point of having Franchise mode, Road to whatever the hell mode, and basically any other mode if the core gameplay isn't right?

All these modes are great, but if you can't play the games within them then what's the point?

Just fix the line. Please, just do that and I'll keep my mouth shut, buy the game, and even enjoy it.

People who can't understand why fixing the poor run blocking and even worse, horrible pass blocking/d-line interaction is so crucial don't have any business owning a "sim" football game anyways.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

Last edited by baumy300; 04-04-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

On the bright side, maybe, just maybe the run blocking will be better this year like they are promising.

They still need to give us effective pass rushers though.

I want Clowney and others like him to be able to dominate their blockers.

I'll try to avoid being a cynic on here and give them the benefit of the doubt with run blocking, but they absolutely have to deal with the pass rush.

Like I said earlier - If the can fix these blocking issues, this game is good.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

They listen to everyone, but in the end they do what they want to do, which is whatever is the easiest to implement and market.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
They listen to everyone, but in the end they do what they want to do, which is whatever is the easiest to implement and market.
Exactly. They have an excellent marketing department.

With that said, where are all the Gamechangers at? How come they aren't held accountable to making changes. WHy are guys like Skillz and CM Hooe not being called up and represent? I'd gladly do it - but they never accept my application(s). I mean seriously, do you just have to post up a whole bunch of worthless hype videos and twitter like crazy to become a GameChangeR? That's just more marketing.

That's my rant. Year after year, these recycled features. I never understood, and I say this every flippin year, why they can't just make the game for the frickin Sim Fans - because the CASUAL fans will be CASUALly content anyways.

smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #16
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
As much as I bash EA, I really, really deep down believe if they can fix the O and D line interaction that their game can be decent.
You'll have to wait until the PS4/Nextbox to get that. They admit they made a very poor decision regarding line play, and that it was a very deep part of the engine that can't be fixed without completely rebuilding the game from the ground up. I remember seeing a post where someone talked with some devs about it during a community visit and they said that's one thing they want to fix but can't, especially with how they're getting crucified year after year over it.

If it's the same old story next gen, then I'd just give up on the game, really.

Last edited by OmahaKnights; 04-05-2013 at 01:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »