Home

Sim Fans Vs Casual Fans. Who EA REALLY Listen To.

This is a discussion on Sim Fans Vs Casual Fans. Who EA REALLY Listen To. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Sim Fans Vs Casual Fans. Who EA REALLY Listen To.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaKnights
You'll have to wait until the PS4/Nextbox to get that. They admit they made a very poor decision regarding line play, and that it was a very deep part of the engine that can't be fixed without completely rebuilding the game from the ground up. I remember seeing a post where someone talked with some devs about it during a community visit and they said that's one thing they want to fix but can't, especially with how they're getting crucified year after year over it.

If it's the same old story next gen, then I'd just give up on the game, really.

Oh really? I'm not doubting you or anything, but I just never heard that before.

That's actually great news. I'm excited because this statement means they realize the line play is problematic.

I hope this is the case, because if they straighten it out on next gen I'll be very pleased with the product(s)
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 04-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Let me just ask you guys this:

What's the point of having Franchise mode, Road to whatever the hell mode, and basically any other mode if the core gameplay isn't right?

All these modes are great, but if you can't play the games within them then what's the point?

Just fix the line. Please, just do that and I'll keep my mouth shut, buy the game, and even enjoy it.

People who can't understand why fixing the poor run blocking and even worse, horrible pass blocking/d-line interaction is so crucial don't have any business owning a "sim" football game anyways.
I think they got rid of Road to Glory mode this year
Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Oh really? I'm not doubting you or anything, but I just never heard that before.

That's actually great news. I'm excited because this statement means they realize the line play is problematic.

I hope this is the case, because if they straighten it out on next gen I'll be very pleased with the product(s)

They have worked on run and pass blocking this year, but to what extent, we will need to wait.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #20
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't pretend to know a lot about game development and programming, I do know a lot about football. What I can't figure out is why and how did line play regress from the ps2 days? The most fundamental part of football starts on the line, it seems EA worries about every other aspect of the sport besides the guys who set the plays up to succeed.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #21
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They have worked on run and pass blocking this year, but to what extent, we will need to wait.
If they actually worked on pass blocking/pass rushing this year, even slightly, that really excites me.

I remember how the pass rushing in the Madden demo was actually really, really good with pressure from the right side like it should be.

Then of course, we had none of that in the final product with or without patches and sliders.

So I know it can be done. I think it just all comes down to block shedding and how a defender can react.

But this is good news. As always, my heart wants to start beating faster and faster with excitement, but my brain tells me to be "cautiously optimistic."

Let's just hope it's a good game for everyone.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
If they actually worked on pass blocking/pass rushing this year, even slightly, that really excites me.

I remember how the pass rushing in the Madden demo was actually really, really good with pressure from the right side like it should be.

Then of course, we had none of that in the final product with or without patches and sliders.

So I know it can be done. I think it just all comes down to block shedding and how a defender can react.

But this is good news. As always, my heart wants to start beating faster and faster with excitement, but my brain tells me to be "cautiously optimistic."

Let's just hope it's a good game for everyone.
A few articles giving glimmer of hopes regarding the running game. Don't know to what extent, though. As long as patty-cake animation is gone, I'm happy, along with other improvements.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....l-means.97433/

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-14s-gameplay/

http://kotaku.com/ncaa-football-14-p...e-ol-468398387

Last edited by roadman; 04-05-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #23
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I think they listen to both sides.

Sidenote: I find it funny that the "sim community" has jumped on this "OL/DL interaction" will fix the game bandwagon. Great step in the right direction but it isn't the only step to make.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #24
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I think they listen to both sides.

Sidenote: I find it funny that the "sim community" has jumped on this "OL/DL interaction" will fix the game bandwagon. Great step in the right direction but it isn't the only step to make.
I agree with you. The CPU AI is the biggest issue IMO. I will not buy this game unless that one issue has been addressed in a major way. The CPU is just flat out dumb at very crucial times in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »