Home

NCAA Football 14 Getting Infinity Engine 2.0, Force Impact System

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Getting Infinity Engine 2.0, Force Impact System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Remember that this is still a WIP guys. With the infinity engine now in, does weight actually matter for OL? Will height come into play for WR/CB interaction? And why no mention of any defensive improvements?
It didn't matter in madden 13. I don't know why they would make that jump with less than one year left for the new console.

They'll save that I'm sure NCAA 15. Well be back to square one like it was when we made the jump from the PS2 to PS3 & Xbox to Xbox 360.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 14 Getting Infinity Engine 2.0, Force Impact System

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Remember that this is still a WIP guys. With the infinity engine now in, does weight actually matter for OL? Will height come into play for WR/CB interaction? And why no mention of any defensive improvements?
Height has been meaningful for WR/CBs in EA Football games since the dawn of time....If two things have been the most meaningful in EA Football games it is speed and height.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #59
Banned

bodank82's Arena

OVR: 3
I sold last years on ebay earlier than usual after playing Madden with it's infinity engine and liking it. I am excited to see how this will work with NCAA and may have fun with it after a good roster update on here and building up UMass like I tried to do last year, but got bored.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #60
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
How about penalties, I still believe it to be disappointing that a modern day football game can not have a true representation of penalties. Without this fundamental feature, I couldn't care less about Infinity Engine 2.0.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #61
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
How about penalties, I still believe it to be disappointing that a modern day football game can not have a true representation of penalties. Without this fundamental feature, I couldn't care less about Infinity Engine 2.0.
I can't remember the last time I've seen a PI call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #62
Rookie

TJO5551's Arena

OVR: 1
Looks impressive. I will definitely keep my eye on '14.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #63
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Force Impact System Technology? FIST! heh

Seriously, this sounds like Locomotion 2.0, which is something EA Sports hasn't been able to get right since beginning trying with Madden 10. I'm all for it if they can get it right and make it work with their gameplay engine. It's really what the game needs, but their track record is less than stellar in that department, and my confidence that their developers can get it right is even lower.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #64
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I just hope the players aren't all loose and spastic looking like in Madden 13. Due to that it was probably the least realistic looking Madden game this gen.

I did like that warping was really toned down though.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Agreed, I also hope they players don't fall all over each other they way they do in madden 13. It looks ridiculous. I'm not holding my breath. Personally I think this infinity engine ruined Madden football. The ragdoll physics with players tripping over each other just doesn't work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »