Home

Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

This is a discussion on Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #17
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
You are being a dick, PV. Usually you are pretty cool - just relax and enjoy the conversation, man.

Yes, their marketing is VERY good. I never said anything like that. I just said they should address the issues that were wrong with last year - not introduce features. Big difference there; features versus issues. Features seem, to me, are cover ups. I know it's marketing - I get that. But there were a lot of glaring issues last year.

With that said, I understand some of these new features are going to help fix the issues. So what they can say, "since the DB glitch was such an issue last year - we created a new feature that allows your DB and LBs to not over-run the play" or "Since you could barely return a punt last year - we focused heavily on Special Teams; this is where the new Infinity Engine will come into play."

Instead, with features, we are left to wonder if said 20-30 issues are going to be fixed.

I don't think there's any harm in asking for that info now; because I'm still playing 13 - with many, many house rules. (and player editing thanks to Skillz) - and obviously there a lot of guys that feel the same way. And I do think EA reads these boards quite a lot - look at the Tiger Woods forums, reps/devs from EA openly joined OS and gave us information early on and answered "yes" or "no" to some of the concerns.

But you're right, it is DAY 1 of marketing hype time. Maybe I don't want to give into it - and maybe I'm too damn tired of accepting it and the fact that true gamechangers are being overlooked because we'll look bad for asking the "issues" questions instead of the "new features".
I'm being a dick? Do you really wanna go down that road with me?

We are way far apart on this.

I'm done trying to get you to see my point.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #18
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I agree with everything you state, Skillz. But did you really expect all that to answered on day one of info?
A better question is this...Will any of those questions be answered in a positive way on July 9th?

I remember last year when ppl like Skillz and Khaliib brought up major concerns about the demo for NCAA 13. One thing I remember specifically Skillz bringing up was the piss poor OFF AI. There were ppl here screaming for his head, talking about it's only a demo, it's on Varsity mode, chill out wait for the real game. What happened? About 90 percent of the issues that those guys pointed out in the demo were present in the release version and NEVER addressed with patches or tuners.

Moral to the story: It's never too early to ask questions and expect answers from EA, whether we get answers, or whether we should expect answers is irrelevant.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
A better question is this...Will any of those questions be answered in a positive way on July 9th?

I remember last year when ppl like Skillz and Khaliib brought up major concerns about the demo for NCAA 13. One thing I remember specifically Skillz bringing up was the piss poor OFF AI. There were ppl here screaming for his head, talking about it's only a demo, it's on Varsity mode, chill out wait for the real game. What happened? About 90 percent of the issues that those guys pointed out in the demo were present in the release version and NEVER addressed with patches or tuners.

Moral to the story: It's never too early to ask questions and expect answers from EA, whether we get answers, or whether we should expect answers is irrelevant.
I agree with you man. I think some people are missing my point. I'm not saying we shouldn't question EA or that we shouldn't get answers in a timely manner.

All I'm saying is that we can't expect all of our questions to be answered on day one, or even two. I wish they would all be answered right now! But that's just not the way it works. Its marketing 101. The game comes out in 3 months. If they give everything away now then people will lose interest as the game gets closer. Out of site, out of mind. But if they release stuff every few weeks it keeps people wanting more and more exited for the next bit of news.

I feel like a broken record.

I want all our questions and concerns answered too. I am just saying that it is unreasonable to think they should have divulged every ounce of info on the game yesterday. I mean why not just release it tomorrow then.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #20
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

21. Rece Davis break-ins made optional.

I wince when I hear this guy's voice in the real world now. Not what ESPN had in mind, probably.

Hope EA was somehow tracking the "bounce rate" -- people trying to click past the updates and get back to the game.

You've just made a critical fumble recovery to possibly win the game, and a half-second later it's an update on Acorn State. ... Yeah, they've been watching it all afternoon.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #21
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

They are using the same old outdated raggedy engine, most of the legacy issues will still remain and/or new ones will arise. This will always be as long as they are using this same old engine. If they could fix these issues, they would have by now, how long has it been like 8-9 years and the same legacy issues remain, your only hope is next-gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #22
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
All I'm saying is that we can't expect all of our questions to be answered on day one, or even two.
Who is expecting answers in one or two days? TBH if that is what you got from the OP than you my friend I think are the one missing the point. Skillz put out a list of issues that were present in NCAA 13 and in some cases have been present since the game hit current gen. So if those issues are not addressed and all of this Infinity 2.0, cut back hoop-la is added to the game does that make the game better? IMO not at all. If you or anyone else feels different about that so be it.

The new features and gameplay additions are great, but have the other issues destroying the gameplay been addressed or will they be addressed? That's what the thread is about. It was never about getting answers in one or two days. It's not like we get real answers from EA when the gameplay and AI turns out to be all wacked out anyway.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #23
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Who is expecting answers in one or two days? TBH if that is what you got from the OP than you my friend I think are the one missing the point. Skillz put out a list of issues that were present in NCAA 13 and in some cases have been present since the game hit current gen. So if those issues are not addressed and all of this Infinity 2.0, cut back hoop-la is added to the game does that make the game better? IMO not at all. If you or anyone else feels different about that so be it.

The new features and gameplay additions are great, but have the other issues destroying the gameplay been addressed or will they be addressed? That's what the thread is about. It was never about getting answers in one or two days. It's not like we get real answers from EA when the gameplay and AI turns out to be all wacked out anyway.
Not him.

Go back and you will see what I'm talking about. There are a number of people in this thread, and other threads actually, who wanted all the info on the game yesterday, or right away. If that's not the case then my reading comprehension skills have gone straight to hell.

Either way, I am done with this argument. I should have known it was pointless in the first place.

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-05-2013 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #24
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

I have one to add to the first OP.. Will there be more than ONE camera angle that we can play the game at? one camera angle just aint gonna cut it in 2013 fellas, im sorry. please give us a custom cam or multiple custom camera angles to chose from

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »