Home

Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

This is a discussion on Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Not him.

Go back and you will see what I'm talking about. There are a number of people in this thread, and other threads actually, who wanted all the info on the game yesterday, or right away. If that's not the case then my reading comprehension skills have gone straight to hell.

Either way, I am done with this argument. I should have known it was pointless in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Who is expecting answers in one or two days? TBH if that is what you got from the OP than you my friend I think are the one missing the point. Skillz put out a list of issues that were present in NCAA 13 and in some cases have been present since the game hit current gen. So if those issues are not addressed and all of this Infinity 2.0, cut back hoop-la is added to the game does that make the game better? IMO not at all. If you or anyone else feels different about that so be it.

The new features and gameplay additions are great, but have the other issues destroying the gameplay been addressed or will they be addressed? That's what the thread is about. It was never about getting answers in one or two days. It's not like we get real answers from EA when the gameplay and AI turns out to be all wacked out anyway.
In bold is why I said what I did. These questions were asked last year(and probably previous years) at the same time and were answered when we bought the game not before. They weren't fixed.

I just want to be an informed consumer. I don't want to have to buy the game to find out what made it in or not. I wasn't saying they need to answer his questions today. I just want them to answer his questions before the game is out.

Some of the questions are answered by game changers which is wonderful. Some of the questions are not answered because of the build. It just is too wishy washy.

My main point is just don't show off the "new" blue tooth connection on the new car when I want to know the horsepower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

actually given things like the db glitch i would expect them to say its definitively fixed at this point, but not in the press. the db glitch ruined ncaa 13. i couldnt care if it was 30 months or 3 months away i want to know a game breaking bug is fixed when they announce the launch.

i have no doubt that some of these will be sort of fixed but not robustly. i have no doubt the rest will be conveniently ignored. it will be the same as m13/m25.

for example new physics engine the hb runs into his own ol and flies backwards 8 yards.

i agree you drip feed info on new product to keep customers keen however you assure them that the product works as advertised behind the scenes. i have worked for a global top 100 company in marketing and sales for over 25 years and there is no way we would get away with the slapdash stuff ea puts out on ncaa and madden every year

you create product advocates, you use os members. you fix or investigate the issues they bring up. word of mouth spread that they are not only talking but listening ...

then again we are talking ea here
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Two things to add
Will there be route based running...it drives me nuts when I throw the ball expecting the WR to make a cut or something, but I throw it before they break so they just keep their current trajectory

Will DB's play defense or will they actually know the route? There was a great video on youtube, can't find it that shows the DB running the route exactly and breaking before the WR does...can't seem to find it
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #28
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

your not alone Gotmadskillzson

The possibility of having to face another year of their horrible representation of the pocket/pass rush has really killed my enthusiasm.

It just overshadows everything else for me...even the supposed sim oriented fatigue system and locomotion overhaul which I hope is finally the answer to those legacy problems an not just another band-aide

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #29
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
I have one to add to the first OP.. Will there be more than ONE camera angle that we can play the game at? one camera angle just aint gonna cut it in 2013 fellas, im sorry. please give us a custom cam or multiple custom camera angles to chose from
This doesn't answer that question outright, but it does imply there may be more camera angles this year. This is from a Forbes interview with Kenjon Barner.

We’ve seen over the last couple of years EA really add something unique to Madden with the handheld cameras, and that’s something that they’re adding this year to NCAA Football 14. What are your thoughts on the TV style presentation?

''It’s probably one of the better attributes of the game, being able to have almost like that real life feeling, to feel like you’re actually in the game and being able to play. We’re not able to play as the single player, so that’s huge in this game, huge.''
Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #30
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2

Totally agree with your concerns and list, but we won't know those things until later on. Good stuff though!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I'm still waiting on some things nobody seemed to have addressed yet in any of the Game Play articles.

Which brings me to another thing. Hope the scores are more on the low scoring side this year. Defense was non existent the past few years. Way too many games were in the 50s. Sad part about it was, it didn't matter what school you used or played against, everybody got into the 50s.
In some degree scoring in the 40-50s is becoming the norm in today's real college football. However, I would agree that I should never be able to come remotely close to scoring 100+ points in a game.

Lets be honest there is always a handful of "cheese" plays you can run that will get you big yardage everytime or you can realistically run the same play the whole game and win... Definitely a lot of room to improve here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #32
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
Lets be honest there is always a handful of "cheese" plays you can run that will get you big yardage everytime or you can realistically run the same play the whole game and win... Definitely a lot of room to improve here!
This is my biggest pet peeve with every video football game that I have every played. Too many cheese plays, and just as many plays that are doomed to fail. It really dimishes the gameplay experience. It seems to me that when they create a new play for the game, the first thing to do would be to test it out and make sure it works in certain situations and doesn't work in others. But that does seem to be the case....just keep adding plays and market the heck out of them.

Even worse than cheese plays are when an entire pass route is easy money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »