Home

Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

This is a discussion on Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #33
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

blocking engagements still not being addressed, more specifically suction blocking and defensive gameplay needs to be upgraded. like playcalling, zone and man coverage being more effective, I have some ideas in a thread i made. click on the link below to see how i would improve defense for more balanced gameplay.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
This is my biggest pet peeve with every video football game that I have every played. Too many cheese plays, and just as many plays that are doomed to fail. It really dimishes the gameplay experience. It seems to me that when they create a new play for the game, the first thing to do would be to test it out and make sure it works in certain situations and doesn't work in others. But that does seem to be the case....just keep adding plays and market the heck out of them.

Even worse than cheese plays are when an entire pass route is easy money.
Totally agree, I'm almost getting mad just thinking about it...
Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #35
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
Totally agree, I'm almost getting mad just thinking about it...
I have always been a little surprised that more people don't complain about it. It is on my wishlist every year. And it is an issue with every console game that I have ever played. On NFL 2K1, it was the out routes. NFL 2K5 had money fade routes. In more recent years, slants have been easy pickens on NCAA. Then we had the streaks on '13.

My play seletion process typically goes something like this: "Lets see here...ok, can't do that play, it never works...nor does that one. Oh, here is a good one I would run in real life, but too cheesy in this game.....now this next one isn't overly cheesy, but I do feel guilty about using it twice already this game to pickup key 3rd down conversions etc."

*I am an offline guy, so this stuff might not be an issue for human vs human?

Just seems like something basic that should have been sorted out in the 90's. It is great to have realistic jukes, and 30 different passing trajectories and all that other stuff, but what is the point if I can connect on an 80 streak every other play? And almost as lame for me to create a house rule outlawing something as basic as a streak or slant.

Sorry for the tangeant....train went a bit off the tracks there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I have always been a little surprised that more people don't complain about it. It is on my wishlist every year. And it is an issue with every console game that I have ever played. On NFL 2K1, it was the out routes. NFL 2K5 had money fade routes. In more recent years, slants have been easy pickens on NCAA. Then we had the streaks on '13.

My play seletion process typically goes something like this: "Lets see here...ok, can't do that play, it never works...nor does that one. Oh, here is a good one I would run in real life, but too cheesy in this game.....now this next one isn't overly cheesy, but I do feel guilty about using it twice already this game to pickup key 3rd down conversions etc."

*I am an offline guy, so this stuff might not be an issue for human vs human?

Just seems like something basic that should have been sorted out in the 90's. It is great to have realistic jukes, and 30 different passing trajectories and all that other stuff, but what is the point if I can connect on an 80 streak every other play? And almost as lame for me to create a house rule outlawing something as basic as a streak or slant.

Sorry for the tangeant....train went a bit off the tracks there.
I feel like you just read my thought process when I pick offensive plays...

I'm a mostly offline guy as well, and I like to play as realistically as possible but in the back of my mind if I need a first down its hard not use a cheese play.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #37
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
Totally agree with your concerns and list, but we won't know those things until later on. Good stuff though!
One thing GMSS touched on that is incredibly major is the DE pass rush, or lack of.

If you could relate this to some of the people you know/work with from EA, that would be awesome.

It's definitely my priority #1, but I'm sure others would like to see it as well.

Thanks.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 04-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #38
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This doesn't answer that question outright, but it does imply there may be more camera angles this year. This is from a Forbes interview with Kenjon Barner.

We’ve seen over the last couple of years EA really add something unique to Madden with the handheld cameras, and that’s something that they’re adding this year to NCAA Football 14. What are your thoughts on the TV style presentation?

''It’s probably one of the better attributes of the game, being able to have almost like that real life feeling, to feel like you’re actually in the game and being able to play. We’re not able to play as the single player, so that’s huge in this game, huge.''
"

thanks for the info JP..personally that quote you posted, i think, is referring to the pre-game camera cut scenes as well as between plays but i dont know.. i do know that they need many more "playable" camera angle options and if they made them all customizeable it would really make everyone happy. this way everyone could play how they wanted...and if it cant be done for online play at least put them in for hum vs cpu games which A LOT of us like to play
Old 04-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #39
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I wanted add, Will the defenders e able to reach for the ball carrier, not just let them run by them and follow behind?.

The more I look at the little video we have for NCAA 14, the new cuts make it more prevalent that the ball carrier can hit a seam between defenders, untouched, unless they stumble over someone's feet. If defenders were able to reach out to grab ball carriers, this should not only improve the defense but pursuit angles wouldn't look so bad. Here is what is needed in EA football games and hopefully it's not too late to get these to trigger in-game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APSxK...ayer_embedded#!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
Totally agree with your concerns and list, but we won't know those things until later on. Good stuff though!
wait, what?
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »