Home

Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

This is a discussion on Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

As an off line player mostly. I know this info is far away. But I'd like to know if they are updating Road to Glory. I play NBA 2K13 & the difference of taking a newly drafted player from scrub to superstar is fun.

Will there be anything new. Or is it gonna be another wasted mode. I love game play as much as anybody. But if the modes I'm playing are stale I lose interest fast. I'd love for the NCAA team to steal some ideas from Visual Concepts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #42
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Some concerns that nobody yesterday addressed in the preview of NCAA 14 Game Play

Skill's questions about gameplay glitches are valid, but no marketing dept will not open a sales campaign by trupeting fixes for things that were botched the previous year - that's like an auto maker saying the flaws in last year's model which caused several fatalities have been rectified. That's not the way to hype a product. EA will accentuate the positive while ignoring the negative and we'll go begging for answers.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #43
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
20. Will CPU QBs throw on the run in NCAA 14 ? Will balanced and pocket passers roll out and look to buy time to throw the ball down the field ?
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the different ratings we get in Madden for QB's.

NCAA still hasn't implemented Short. Medium, Deep, Throw on the Run and Play Action ratings for the QB's which have been in Madden for like 3 years now.

I'd much rather have those ratings as opposed to a QBA Slider that is potentially broken for a 3rd straight year.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 04-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #44
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the different ratings we get in Madden for QB's.

NCAA still hasn't implemented Short. Medium, Deep, Throw on the Run and Play Action ratings for the QB's which have been in Madden for like 3 years now.

I'd much rather have those ratings as opposed to a QBA Slider that is potentially broken for a 3rd straight year.
Wow I guess I've suppressed bad memories of this game somehow. I forgot all about the constant broken AI sliders and penalty sliders. They deserve a thread all to their own.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

Will Mario Running finally be dead?

I'm tired of being stuck running into the behinds of my blockers and getting stonewalled.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
Skill's questions about gameplay glitches are valid, but no marketing dept will not open a sales campaign by trupeting fixes for things that were botched the previous year - that's like an auto maker saying the flaws in last year's model which caused several fatalities have been rectified. That's not the way to hype a product. EA will accentuate the positive while ignoring the negative and we'll go begging for answers.
That's fine. We can choose to beg then - or beg now. I'm doing it now, and I"m glad skillz has done the same. I don't want it to be September - start of college football - come to find out there are gamebreakers, where the game is unplayable for some. Noone is against EA's marketing strategy - it works wonders - but doesn't mean we are going to just lay low and accept whatever new features they are stuffing.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 0

suction blocking!!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #48
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33

I haven't played a Madden since 2001. Do those rating work? Because the ratings in NCAA don't mean a thing. My 96 SPD 95 ACC HB is slower than my Power HB with ratings in the 80s. The "Speed HB" gets caught from behind all the time by the D Line.

If they can fix the sprint button not affecting the defense breaking away from blockers I will be somewhat happy. Tired of seeing a hole, hit RT then every blocker stops blocking and I get tackled. Same play, player, etc. don't hit RT and it a gain of five.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »