Home

Hopes for presentation

This is a discussion on Hopes for presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #41
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
Another thing I'd like to see improvement on is player behavior after a play. I felt like some of the celebrations in NCAA 12 were a good start, although I'm not exactly sure where the in-turf camera makes any sense. It's kind of silly to see players do the "excuse me, pardon me" shoulder bump as they walk into each other after a play.

One of the coolest things I remember from 12's demo was a TD celebration where the player would drop the ball and start to run alongside the back of the endzone. That happens EVERY Saturday; a player scores, unbuckles chinstrap/drops ball, and "rounds off" along the back of the endzone. Why this was taken out on the retail copy is beyond me. Similar to way defenders take off in an over zealous sprint down the field after a big hit/sack.

Last, I'd like an option to be able to start celebrating a win IF the defense has no timeouts before time expires. I doubt this makes it in a game, but if I'd like the option to celebrate my victory as time expires instead of waiting in the victory formation.
Absolutely. I agree with everything you just said. I've been wanting this forever. I'd love to see fans storm the field after a big win, or even the bench storm the field..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #42
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Hopes for presentation

As a roster editor, the lack of stat overlays really bugs me. When a guy makes a big play an overlay with his jersey number, class, HT/WT, hometown, and stats should pop up. It would give the game a much more personal feel, not to mention making all those hometowns I edited get noticed...

black jersey... you nailed it with your post above. When you break a long run, or even throw a long pass..... you should hear that crowd rear up and hear either an "ohhhhh" if they drop it, or the crowd should erupt if it's caught.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #43
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

The Problem with all of the next gen of games is that they sacrificed imersive game-play for great graphics. In NCAA Football, when the game made the jump to next gen, it took 1 step forward and 2 steps back. If NFL 2K5 can have all of those features back then, then it is no excuse for those features to be absent in 2013.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #44
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
ESPN (real life) does a good job with Stats, overlays, replays, commentary, big upsets etc. Its not our fault that EA cant replicate that.. The majority would like to see the exact same thing implemented into NCAA Football. And as for the talking smack thing you want, its already in the game FYI. Its just the same old thing. Its so lame that you probably forgot about it,
its the same old thing because they havent spent time on it in 4 years. unlike hte presentaion of espn which they work on every year with no gains. and if you think what is in the game already is what im talking about your crazy. i played college ball and worked for a arena team. that is not what goes on during a game. they have like one cut scene of smack talk. i dont know what your seeing. and yea we need stat over lays like crazy but what do you want to see???? the same old panning around the players standing still while the playbook is on the screen? i just dont get trying to make a game which can make you feel part of the whats happening but they just focus on the talk from the booth, pregame which is redundant as hell.

there can be some great inteactions on the field instead of the walking bumping into each other after every play. the qb's calling plays in the huddle, the subs, the plays coming in from sideline with a over the shoulder cam on the mlb watching the sideline. the db's talking to the lb's about the audible and getting each other in position. the wr's. talking to the qb at line of scrimmage or each other. great stadium shots with the band playing and fans making some real noise. with stats all over the plays. percentages of plays(run pass) what part of field is being attacked(left right center, deep short). thats presentation.

but if you want some more corso lines and crappy pixel herbstreet which we had for a year and removed. or more runnign through the smoke before game then hey wish away. but me, i want football not espn. who even listens to the tv commentators any more anyway? it goes on the radio so i can listen to commentators who actually know their team can talk x's and o's. it used to at least be special when you had the commentators at your game. remember when they only were at the big games in ncaa. i can play ul laf vs. monroe and get the gameday crew. i find the presentation so over the top bad and each year they have all these new things and its really just the same. wow erin andrews!! thats what we got last year. crap!!!! but to each their own

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 04-09-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
its the same old thing because they havent spent time on it in 4 years. unlike hte presentaion of espn which they work on every year with no gains. and if you think what is in the game already is what im talking about your crazy. i played college ball and worked for a arena team. that is not what goes on during a game. they have like one cut scene of smack talk. i dont know what your seeing. and yea we need stat over lays like crazy but what do you want to see???? the same old panning around the players standing still while the playbook is on the screen? i just dont get trying to make a game which can make you feel part of the whats happening but they just focus on the talk from the booth, pregame which is redundant as hell.

there can be some great inteactions on the field instead of the walking bumping into each other after every play. the qb's calling plays in the huddle, the subs, the plays coming in from sideline with a over the shoulder cam on the mlb watching the sideline. the db's talking to the lb's about the audible and getting each other in position. the wr's. talking to the qb at line of scrimmage or each other. great stadium shots with the band playing and fans making some real noise. with stats all over the plays. percentages of plays(run pass) what part of field is being attacked(left right center, deep short). thats presentation.

but if you want some more corso lines and crappy pixel herbstreet which we had for a year and removed. or more runnign through the smoke before game then hey wish away. but me, i want football not espn. who even listens to the tv commentators any more anyway? it goes on the radio so i can listen to commentators who actually know their team can talk x's and o's. it used to at least be special when you had the commentators at your game. remember when they only were at the big games in ncaa. i can play ul laf vs. monroe and get the gameday crew. i find the presentation so over the top bad and each year they have all these new things and its really just the same. wow erin andrews!! thats what we got last year. crap!!!! but to each their own
Yea, with personnel packages, we should see, different players running on & off the field, in the back ground while we call plays or immediately after formation is selected. Will we? Prolly not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #46
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee

You misread what i said. im asking for an overhaul on presentation my dude. you just said everything i asked for in the OP
Old 04-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #47
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

well we know we wont see that on this gen. not a chance. i was just pointing out that they in no have made strides to make the on field the point of emphais. those are good hopes for the future. i just hope they actually move away from the tv side of things. more of a back ground effect with much more focus on the field. the sounds, the sights, so much potential. does ea think we like football because its on tv and they can simulate that? i think we want the overlays and statistics during the game but the talk can go.

this games roots were always about the coach and x and o's not players. they went away from that. they want to do the be a player thing(idk what they call it here-be a pro deal) and be a coach with contracts but they put no focus on that. its just lame press box stuff.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #48
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I just want them to fix the crowd noise. Every time someone gets a first down or big play, the crowd would cut out for a bit, then cut back in either super loud or you'll here the sigh. it's annoying and a lot of the time i play on the road because im sick of the crowd noise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »