Home

Will NCAA 14 have new Revo Speed Masks?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 14 have new Revo Speed Masks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #17
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Will NCAA 14 have new Revo Speed Masks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
It's basically the revo speed robot 2 facemask without the two vertical bars. I'm no computer whiz, but adding it just doesn't seem like it would be a major inconvenience.
I think the facemask on the QB version is a bit bigger, but your point is valid.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #18
Rookie

Cdog923's Arena

OVR: 1

Just to help out that list of players wearing the Retro Speed: virtually every skill position player at Nebraska wears the Retro Speed.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #19
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

I watched the Huskers spring game on BTN, I noticed as well. Tons of DB's even some Linebackers. I think it's safe to say it's one of the most popular masks worn.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #20
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Well how about facemask that have been part of the sport since the early 80s. That they don't even have in the game. In fact they took it out last year. (It was in but didnt even look right at all)

I mean this was the QB facemask of the 80s and early 90s. I won't be buying ncaa until they put it back in and have it correct.

I know the game is getting rid of the "normal" helmets slowly. But it's part of the history of the sport, why not have them in.

Impersonally hate the revo speed helmet. I think they are the ugliest football helmets ever made. So if I want to deck my player out in retro gear I should be able to.

Problem is, this and the newer version of the Marino facemask or Drew Brees facemask below is that they aren't used anymore, they have just been fased out for cooler more unique styles.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

Why do you care about a face mask so much. Doesn't make your player play any better or give you better vision when running and cutting. . Its a dang face mask. You don't even see it until cutscene and pics.

So if the game is awful but you have your face mask you will be happy?

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #22
Banned

GetReal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
Why do you care about a face mask so much. Doesn't make your player play any better or give you better vision when running and cutting. . Its a dang face mask. You don't even see it until cutscene and pics.

What's with the negativity? Helmets and other equipment are also included in the game. We aren't asking for them to ignore gameplay to fix the mask. Separate teams and separate priorities.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #23
MVP

noplace's Arena

Quote:

Why do people like you come in these threads if it’s not a big issue to you? It’s about authenticity and replicating your team as close to the real thing as possible. Being a USC fan would it bother you if Matt Barkley was black or had the jersey number 8 and you couldn’t change it? Would if bother you if the Coliseum was domed even if the game played as well as any game ever made? Yes, because you want to replicate your favorite team. Listen, I believe everyone wants the game to play its best 1st but don’t act like authenticity doesn’t matter… Facemask are not the biggest issue with this game when you look at the horrible OL/DL interactions, running animations, presentation & just common football principles but it sure does make it more tolerable when the small things aren’t a issue.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #24
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

Quote:

For me its more about the inept decision making by the art department to add an ION facemask that you can't find a single damn player wearing in college, and leaving out a facemask that 1/3 of QB's wear. Not to mention all the WR's, DB's and kickers. It's almost a slap in the face as an editor. Almost as bad as when people asked for dreads and they went overboard and went all Al Harris on us.

"People like me complain because they add facemasks that are incredibly rare(bulldog, ION 3bar), but they leave out a particular mask worn by literally 2/3 of College QB's. You may not notice, but every cut scene in NCAA football usually starts with a close up of the QB. It's important to many people who notice the details. I agree gameplay is more important. But people have the right to complain when they don't add something so popular and common, but give us items literally no one uses."

"I edit rosters and spend hours upon hours google image searching every player for equipment and body types. I can tell you that the ION 3 bar mask they added last year was ONLY worn by 2 players i could find in FBS. Silas Redd wore it at Penn State(switched to revSpeed 2 bar ironically when he went to USC), and Cody Green of Tulsa. That's it. Two players. The RevSpeed 2 bar mask is seriously worn by nearly 2/3 of QB's in all of FBS, not to mention hundreds of WR's, P/K''s, and even some DB's. It's more of a principle.... add what is popular for realism."

"Edit: I said it earlier. We don't expect all gameplay issues to be perfect. That's incredibly difficult to come close to doing. But if I'm making a videogame, and I know not everything can be perfect, I should make damn sure that PARTS of the game are close to perfect. Equipment or Aesthetics by default are much easier things to do than gameplay issues..... and it's not even the same people working on the two separate issues."

For me it's not as much about the things they aren't adding, but more about them adding the wrong pieces. They ignore the community that supports them essentially.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 06-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »