Home

Will NCAA 14 have new Revo Speed Masks?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 14 have new Revo Speed Masks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Will NCAA 14 have new Revo Speed Masks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Why do people like you come in these threads if it’s not a big issue to you? It’s about authenticity and replicating your team as close to the real thing as possible. Being a USC fan would it bother you if Matt Barkley was black or had the jersey number 8 and you couldn’t change it? Would if bother you if the Coliseum was domed even if the game played as well as any game ever made? Yes, because you want to replicate your favorite team. Listen, I believe everyone wants the game to play its best 1st but don’t act like authenticity doesn’t matter… Facemask are not the biggest issue with this game when you look at the horrible OL/DL interactions, running animations, presentation & just common football principles but it sure does make it more tolerable when the small things aren’t a issue.
well said my friend. look man i want the best product possible for my money and yes gameplay is the "nuts and bolts" of any sports game. i would like to see every single one of the gameplay changes that people clammer for over and over on this board. that being said though i am a huge details guy. whether it be socks, mouthpieces, uniform accuracy and color, grass color, facemasks,gloves, cleats etc etc.. i wanna see this stuff in the game because i KNOW that it is possible. details go a long way in making the game look authentic. gameplay goes a long way to making the game feel authentic. you really need them both to consider any sports game a complete product. back to the facemasks, what burns me up is that in regards to last season the NCAA team included some facemasks that maybe one or two players in the country might have worn a few years ago and overlooked one of THE MOST popular facemasks in the country. this cant happen anymore. and if it does for some strange reason it needs to be rectified via download or patch immediately, in my eyes there are no excuses good enough not to. we pay good money for an accurate representation of college football in 2013, and that what we should get.

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 04-11-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #26
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

I really hope they finally get that face mask in this year, as it's been long over due. Another mask I would like to see in is the Big Grill face mask, the mask that Justin Tuck wears with the Revo Speed helmet. You see more NFL players wearing them, but there are some college players wearing them. It's asking for a lot, but would be nice
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #27
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

OVR: 2

EA should just take this, and put it all in the game.

they also need to fix some of the Revo and regular facemasks.
the standard 3 Bar RB has never looked quite right, and they need to add another Full Cage w/o the D-Loop, like the Revo Full Cage 3
the Revo 3 Bar and Revo 3 Bar RB are really bad. the 3 Bar RB should be completely eliminated since the Revolution QB 2 is that facemask, and they should just base the Revo 3 Bar (single top bar, double cross bar, double vertical bar) off of that.
I would also like to see some other helmets added, maybe the Xenith, Vengeance, or even Revo Speed 360... but none of those really have such a huge use like the regular Revo Speed. the Revo Speed has become the standard issue helmet for a lot of schools
Old 04-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #28
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift7one
EA should just take this, and put it all in the game.

they also need to fix some of the Revo and regular facemasks.
the standard 3 Bar RB has never looked quite right, and they need to add another Full Cage w/o the D-Loop, like the Revo Full Cage 3
the Revo 3 Bar and Revo 3 Bar RB are really bad. the 3 Bar RB should be completely eliminated since the Revolution QB 2 is that facemask, and they should just base the Revo 3 Bar (single top bar, double cross bar, double vertical bar) off of that.
I would also like to see some other helmets added, maybe the Xenith, Vengeance, or even Revo Speed 360... but none of those really have such a huge use like the regular Revo Speed. the Revo Speed has become the standard issue helmet for a lot of schools
great post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

NCAA Should have the new facemasks, I mean it's getting more and more glaring with each year because more of these kids are wearing new style helmets and facemasks.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #30
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

I hate it when someone comes on here downing everyone talking about how unimportant asking for facemasks is. It might not be as important as gameplay, but:

A) It is an easier, more solid fix than gameplay.
B) It is pretty important to EA, seeing as how they go to the trouble of including tons of alternate unis and and other accessories.

That post with all the pics of the Revo Speed facemasks was awesome. I would settle for the most common 5 of those. The d-lineman one in the bottom corner is awesome and is becoming VERY common for players.

Another thing, this helmets are in Madden, can't College get a few. I'd like to have them for my own created player. I can't wear the Regular Revo helmets anymore, they just look too goofy and akward. All the facemasks are hug and sit too low and stick out too far.

Player models, especially heads and helmets, need to be touched up for next gen if not sooner.

I'm hoping EA has added us some new masks.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #31
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Ive been snooping around in threads like this since NCAA 11, and each year im disappointed when I crack open the game, load up the roster to correct the appearance of my favorite Gators....and I still see no new facemasks. They only added the Ion facemask if im not mistaken, and I rarely see players with them on Saturdays. The biggest thing that disappoints me, is that Madden has just about every facemask there is. The Heisman winner's facemask isn't even in the game for crying out loud. Most QB's (For Example: Manziel, Driskel, McCarron, Bridgewater) wear the new Revo Speed masks, and id venture to say 75% of the entire gator team does as well. With gloves, sleeves, and socks getting so much attention...why cant we get all of the new facemasks in the game? In fact, you cant even really say "new" , they've been out for a few years now. I'm holding out hope for NCAA 14 at least, I will of course shell out 60 bucks again because I love college football. But come on EA... Madden has facemasks right, lets get them in EA.

P.S. Im not saying "facemasks are more important than gameplay", however it seems like a simple quick fix to get these new facemasks in the game.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
Why do you care about a face mask so much. Doesn't make your player play any better or give you better vision when running and cutting. . Its a dang face mask. You don't even see it until cutscene and pics.

So if the game is awful but you have your face mask you will be happy?
Everyone has their thing, some like to make their players as true to life as possible. This is why the face mask is so important.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »