Home

Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

This is a discussion on Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which feature in NCAA Football 14 are you interested in learning more about?
Infinity Engine 2.0 31 49.21%
Running Game Improvements 14 22.22%
Option Offense 11 17.46%
Stumble Recovery 0 0%
Force Impact System 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #9
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Did you see any injures happen in the build you played and if so, how did they play out? Also, did you notice anything different about the passing game, including did contextual awareness seem to have any effect on the pass rush, causing DEs to actually attempt to get by Tackles, instead of "patty caking" with them? Also, were there any penalties?
Penalties? Yes. And that even means pass interference lol

Injuries? Yes I did see injuries. Most came on big hits. However other than that I can't remember much about the other injuries.

I thought the pursuit of players going after the QB were more fluid, more spins and finesse moves. Still saw patty cake type rushes but far more toned down.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #10
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Interesting, will have to wait and see how the CPU players using pass rush moves pans out. Appreciate the responses, I won't badger you too much due the NDA and I hope you get a chance to go back to Tiburon.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #11
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Interesting, will have to wait and see how the CPU players using pass rush moves pans out. Appreciate the responses, I won't badger you too much due the NDA and I hope you get a chance to go back to Tiburon.
Thanks man. Ill be around more often to help clear up questions I know I can answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #12
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDaMole00xX

Injuries? Yes I did see injuries. Most came on big hits. However other than that I can't remember much about the other injuries.

I thought the pursuit of players going after the QB were more fluid, more spins and finesse moves. Still saw patty cake type rushes but far more toned down.
Great that you saw penalties being called, specifically PI which never gets called. My only concern about seeing things in early builds and even in demos is a lot of times these improvements are absent in the final build version.

The dynamic crowd is the best example from last year. It was completely cocked up in the retail game after working pretty well in the demo.

Other areas of concern are the AI sliders. Did you have a chance to play with those? Do the devs know how broken and unreliable these have been over the past 2-3 yrs? This one issue has completely destroyed user customization over this time period.

Last question is has there been any word on a global player editor being added to the game? Sorry to bombard you and I'm not trying to derail your thread, but guys like me care about this kind of stuff. I have no interest in EA's hype machine.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 AM   #13
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Great that you saw penalties being called, specifically PI which never gets called. My only concern about seeing things in early builds and even in demos is a lot of times these improvements are absent in the final build version.

The dynamic crowd is the best example from last year. It was completely cocked up in the retail game after working pretty well in the demo.

Other areas of concern are the AI sliders. Did you have a chance to play with those? Do the devs know how broken and unreliable these have been over the past 2-3 yrs? This one issue has completely destroyed user customization over this time period.

Last question is has there been any word on a global player editor being added to the game? Sorry to bombard you and I'm not trying to derail your thread, but guys like me care about this kind of stuff. I have no interest in EA's hype machine.
I unfortunately did not touch the sliders. I am however aware of how unreliable they have been. Not sure if the developers are aware or not, but trust me we have many Game Changers who love to tweak and mess with them that im sure it has been brought to the developers attention at some point.

I also have not heard any news about a global player editor being added to the game.

I respect your passion and trust me I share the same passion as you. If I got back again later this year ill be sure to pay attention to detail on the questions you brought up as well as ask if they have done anything to improve the sliders and the impact they have on the game.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #14
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I unfortunately did not touch the sliders. I am however aware of how unreliable they have been. Not sure if the developers are aware or not, but trust me we have many Game Changers who love to tweak and mess with them that im sure it has been brought to the developers attention at some point.

I also have not heard any news about a global player editor being added to the game.

I respect your passion and trust me I share the same passion as you. If I got back again later this year ill be sure to pay attention to detail on the questions you brought up as well as ask if they have done anything to improve the sliders and the impact they have on the game.
Much appreciated...
Old 04-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

Well if u did see pass interference on plays, was it generated by the CPU or u as a user? Did u see offensive pass interference? What about the double-team pass blocking is that in there or can u comment on that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #16
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus13
Well if u did see pass interference on plays, was it generated by the CPU or u as a user? Did u see offensive pass interference? What about the double-team pass blocking is that in there or can u comment on that?
The pass interference calls I saw were mostly due to me making the play and running into the WR too early.

I did see offensive pass interference.

And I can't really comment on the Doubl-Team Pass Blocking with too much detail right now. If I got a chance to go back I will check that out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »