Home

Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

This is a discussion on Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which feature in NCAA Football 14 are you interested in learning more about?
Infinity Engine 2.0 31 49.21%
Running Game Improvements 14 22.22%
Option Offense 11 17.46%
Stumble Recovery 0 0%
Force Impact System 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #33
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Which new NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Addition intrigues you the most?

The revamped option game...it's the one part of the game that really differentiates CFB from the NFL.

Can't wait to see what they've done with it and how unique and effective it'll be.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

Nobody is going to really care about fatigue on special teams unless they cant decide who is on/off the field. Which I know you CANNOT in madden, idk about NCAA though.

If I am forced to have my 3rd CB as a punt team gunner just because he is the 3rd CB that sucks.

Why would I subject a possibly important player on offense/defense to sprinting 40-60yds and then needing to play them right after on O/D?

Also the stamina ratings guy better be on point........I pray for him if he isnt. Its one thing if your WR is snubbed 2 points on speed or if he is snubbed 2pts in catch. Donny Moore has never seen a wrath like if a person guy cant stay on the field because of snubbed stamina ratings.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #35
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
Nobody is going to really care about fatigue on special teams unless they cant decide who is on/off the field. Which I know you CANNOT in madden, idk about NCAA though.

If I am forced to have my 3rd CB as a punt team gunner just because he is the 3rd CB that sucks.

Why would I subject a possibly important player on offense/defense to sprinting 40-60yds and then needing to play them right after on O/D?

Also the stamina ratings guy better be on point........I pray for him if he isnt. Its one thing if your WR is snubbed 2 points on speed or if he is snubbed 2pts in catch. Donny Moore has never seen a wrath like if a person guy cant stay on the field because of snubbed stamina ratings.
lol, this type of POV is pretty much what I was referring to in my post that I hope doesn't get fatigue watered down. While I agree about it being an issue that we can't manually sub all special teams positions, the work around to the problem of tired vital players is too slow your game down to allow them to recoup. Use the play clock, take your time and allow your players to get some Gatorade and enjoy the cooling fans, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
lol, this type of POV is pretty much what I was referring to in my post that I hope doesn't get fatigue watered down. While I agree about it being an issue that we can't manually sub all special teams positions, the work around to the problem of tired vital players is too slow your game down to allow them to recoup. Use the play clock, take your time and allow your players to get some Gatorade and enjoy the cooling fans, lol.
If you are on D you cannot slow the game down....

In madden (idk how it is for NCAA) you have starting LBs on the kickoff team. Now IRL this may not be a big deal as far as fatigue is concerned because a lot of backers are 2 down players anyway and they have a built in rest on obvious passing 3rd downs or just personnel based offensive formations.
(has nothing to do with being tired but abt coverage skill set)

This isnt replicated in video games for various reasons (one of them being inaccurate ratings for backups)

The difference between real life and these video games is that irl the coach has the choice on who is out there on special teams. So I dnt see how putting that in the game is watering down fatigue.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #37
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
If you are on D you cannot slow the game down....

In madden (idk how it is for NCAA) you have starting LBs on the kickoff team. Now IRL this may not be a big deal as far as fatigue is concerned because a lot of backers are 2 down players anyway and they have a built in rest on obvious passing 3rd downs or just personnel based offensive formations.
(has nothing to do with being tired but abt coverage skill set)

This isnt replicated in video games for various reasons (one of them being inaccurate ratings for backups)

The difference between real life and these video games is that irl the coach has the choice on who is out there on special teams. So I dnt see how putting that in the game is watering down fatigue.
Allowing gamers to choose their Special Teams personnel is not watering down the game and I would like to see that, along with all pregame formation substitutions added back. I was referring to watering down the fatigue effect due to gamers complaining of players being "too" effected.

Also, you are right you can't slow the game down on defense but you can on offense, to allow the defense more rest. On punts and punt returns, you can sub in personnel in the playcall screen, if I am not mistaken but on KR and KO, that is where we are limited. So if your concern is that on KO there are often starters or other key defenders out there getting tired, that happens in the game currently. I was saying specifically for the fatigue in reference to endurance over the course of the game, to slow the game down, whenever possible, to lessen the long term effect.

In simple terms, I want to see that fixed but it's nothing new and I don't think the new fatigue needs to be adjusted in an attempt to compensate for it. They don't need to potentially "break" fatigue so it works better with "broken" special teams personnel management.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Allowing gamers to choose their Special Teams personnel is not watering down the game and I would like to see that, along with all pregame formation substitutions added back. I was referring to watering down the fatigue effect due to gamers complaining of players being "too" effected.

Also, you are right you can't slow the game down on defense but you can on offense, to allow the defense more rest. On punts and punt returns, you can sub in personnel in the playcall screen, if I am not mistaken but on KR and KO, that is where we are limited. So if your concern is that on KO there are often starters or other key defenders out there getting tired, that happens in the game currently. I was saying specifically for the fatigue in reference to endurance over the course of the game, to slow the game down, whenever possible, to lessen the long term effect.

In simple terms, I want to see that fixed but it's nothing new and I don't think the new fatigue needs to be adjusted in an attempt to compensate for it. They don't need to potentially "break" fatigue so it works better with "broken" special teams personnel management.
I never said fatigue should be adjusted because people would be "too affected"

I want it to work as it should. But it would be really, really, really nice if they gave options for us to decide who is on our fields (remember your options thread?)
==========
==========

But I think its a little too early to talk about changing how fatigue works because nobody knows or even fully understands how it works. Even most of the game changers who talk about it still dont really get it. EA hasnt said anything about how it works (I have a lot of theories as to why).

But there are certain facts that need to come into play with this.
Just from the nature of their positions
OL doesnt come off of the field in real life
QB doesnt come off of the field
Corners dont come off of the field unless injury

I wonder how this is worked in to the system.

1)Do these players come out of the game with no care about how things happen IRL?

2)Do these players stay in the game no matter what but with the same effects that fatigue should bring?

As with #2 that is cool for QBs (fumbles, run slower, less throw acc/power) and OL. But a can of worms comes into play with the CB. The CB can be manipulated if this is the case. They can be manipulated in ways you really wouldnt like

But as of now nobody really understands how fatigue works all the way. Hopefully EA comes out and says something soon
Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #39
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

The improved blocking especially downfield and how wrs will go and put a helmet in CBs as they run downfield and no longer wander around aimlessly.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #40
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The improved blocking especially downfield and how wrs will go and put a helmet in CBs as they run downfield and no longer wander around aimlessly.
That is something I really took the time to view while down at Community Event. As Shopmaster said last night on the show, I LOVE to run the ball (Badgers!!) and to see the blocking intelligence of not only the line, but the WRs play even better was very satisfying.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »