Home

Why Realistic Fatigue Makes 85 Man Rosters Even More Important

This is a discussion on Why Realistic Fatigue Makes 85 Man Rosters Even More Important within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: The addition of realistic fatigue in NCAA Football 14 makes 85 man rosters...
More important 80 82.47%
No change in importance 16 16.49%
Less important 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Why Realistic Fatigue Makes 85 Man Rosters Even More Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamanutt
Across a 12-15 game season I would say that the same 5 linemen starting the season playing every minute of every game never, has ever finished the season. That's the level of detail that is needed to take advantage of the 85 man roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
The subbing of offensive lineman goes largely unnoticed because their names aren't being called unless they commit a penalty or a monster block. As you have pointed out, offensive lineman are subbed in and out of the game (even for a play or two) regularly throughout the game.
If this is the case then why do ONLY 7 lineman dress for NFL games. The starting 5 and 2 lineman that cross train for injury purposes. Not to mention these players are older and usually weigh more.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Whoever is saying it's common for teams to sub in backup OL due to fatigue to starters is definitely wrong.

When backup lineman come in the game. It's for injury. Demotion to a starter. Or for mop-up duty. Cohesiveness is far too important for a coach to mess with on the OL just to give someone a breather.

If it ever happens, it's a rarity, likely to an extremely out of shape player.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I do agree that 85 man rosters is a huge part of really bringing realistic coaching management and strategy to NCAA. But to do it, fatique has to work correctly across the board for every single position. And I hate to be pessimistic, but I just don't believe the dev team is capable of pulling that off so fast, with only one iteration to get it right. It'll likely be overpowered or underpowered.

Depth at DL and with the skill players should really be the difference between elite schools like Bama and good but not quite there programs like Louisville. With the game currently, I mix in backups and starters just for stat purposes, not because it's essential.

Hopefully the fatigue system works like a basketball game, where you stand no chance leaving your starters in all game long. Would be nice if the team got energy boost from vocal leaders like on 2K13, but again, I just don't get my hopes up for that kind of leap forward.

I'm hearing about this new fatigue system, but I'm expecting baby steps, which prolly won't include an overhaul to positional stamina and 85 man rosters.

I've longed, for a long time, for the chance to take chances on an undersized 2-star with great measurables, give him 3-4 years in a weight room, before him breaking out as a redshirt senior, but developing those kind of guys at major programs seems like an exercise in futility on NCAA, since you are all but forced to cut those players in favor of higher rated guys.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I've longed, for a long time, for the chance to take chances on an undersized 2-star with great measurables, give him 3-4 years in a weight room, before him breaking out as a redshirt senior, but developing those kind of guys at major programs seems like an exercise in futility on NCAA, since you are all but forced to cut those players in favor of higher rated guys.
This is exactly why I want 85 man rosters, always fun to read when someone else sees it the same way I do!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1
Isn't fatigue already in the game in the form of stamina? My guys get tired all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by nortobc; 04-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #22
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

The excuse I have heard concerning this issue has been the limited RAM available, but we get a lot of excuses as to why certain things aren't in the game. I guess my vote would be "not enough memory"

I'm sure next gen means more RAM, so hopefully expanded rosters. It's not coming in 14 current gen. I'd bet my lunch money on it.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 04-11-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Are we getting 85 man rosters this year? If not why even waste our time, EA knows we want more players on teams, they did it on madden so let's have it on NCAA football.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

As much as I'd love to have 85 players, I think there's more pressing issues. Recruiting still does and progression has long needed tweaks. For me changing up progression to be more realistic rather than automatic pixie dust would be more important.

However, I do think getting to 85 players would be great. Building depth is key and it'd allow for more transferring to happen. If/when we get 85 man rosters they'd need to have it so you cannot cut any player that you offered a scholarship to. Only walk-ons and transfers should be able to be cut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »