Home

NCAA Football 14 Blog - Breaking Down the Gameplay

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Blog - Breaking Down the Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #65
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 14 Blog - Breaking Down the Gameplay

So what we're going to have in NCAAF 14 is 100% better offense, and 100% the same defense. Doesn't sound too exciting TBH.

Can't wait to have 300 yard passing games combined with 300 yard running games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #66
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Eh sounds like bs and a copout to me. Just my opinion. I don't think any dev is lazy at Tiburon, not questioning their work ethics, but the way they go about things and implementing them in game, comes off lazy to me.
It is a copout. I said it the other week and I'll repeat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I think the casual crowd will buy it regardless of it becoming more "sim". I think it's a copout to keep saying they have to appeal to the casual crowd because for the most part, those people go with the flow anyway. It's one of two football games on the market, both made by EA. It's not like they have a choice if they just wanna sling it around with some friends.
Quote:
Also, there are ways to remedy the problem he cited in the botched snap argument. It would just be something never done before in football games, which seems to be something they are afraid to try. Innovation.

Instead of pressing x to snap the ball. How about you have to use the analog stick, sort of like how you use the stick to shoot free throws in NBA 2k? If you aren't smooth with using the stick, then there is a greater chance that you will botch the snap. QB awareness and C attributes would tie into how precise you have to be when bringing the stick back to snap the ball.

A system like that could also factor into OL penalties like false starts, so it's not random. It's based on you being patient and precise with your stick skills every snap.

Now some will argue that pressing x is just easier and better, but I think if it got implemented, people would roll with it just like they roll with everything else.
I really hate to use the word because I think it's overused, but in this case, I think there are too many EA apologist that refuse to see how far behind these football games are compared to the rest of the sports market, which somehow manage to be realistic and appeal to the masses.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 30
I get many being mad, glad, indifferent, whatever. My take is that I'm going to see what this demo brings with the hands feel and look of it and take it for what it is then see it it's enjoyable. Then look forward to Madden demo and retail, see how I like that then continue to critique and make wish lists for EA. That's all I can do.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #68
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
So what we're going to have in NCAAF 14 is 100% better offense, and 100% the same defense. Doesn't sound too exciting TBH.

Can't wait to have 300 yard passing games combined with 300 yard running games.
Is that normal in college football? College football is all offense and little defense anyway

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #69
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Is that normal in college football? College football is all offense and little defense anyway

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Not true.

Passing Defense

1. Nebraska - 148.2 yards per a game
2. Michigan - 155.2

Matter of fact, the top 27 pass defense teams last year allowed under 200 passing yards per a game.

Rushing Defense

1. Alabama - 79.8 yards a game
2. BYU - 84.3

7 schools allowed less then 100 rushing yards a game. 50 schools allowed under 150 yards rushing a game. Only 22 schools gave up over 200 rushing yards a game.

OFFENSE

Only 23 schools averaged over 300 passing yards a game.

Only 5 schools averaged over 300 rushing yards a game and they were:

Army - Option Offense
Air Force - Option Offense
Oregon - Spread Offense
Georgia Tech - Option Offense
New Mexico - Pistol Offense

Only 32 schools total averaged over 200 rushing yards a game.

49 schools averaged less then 150 rushing yards a game.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #70
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Not true.

Passing Defense

1. Nebraska - 148.2 yards per a game
2. Michigan - 155.2

Matter of fact, the top 27 pass defense teams last year allowed under 200 passing yards per a game.

Rushing Defense

1. Alabama - 79.8 yards a game
2. BYU - 84.3

7 schools allowed less then 100 rushing yards a game. 50 schools allowed under 150 yards rushing a game. Only 22 schools gave up over 200 rushing yards a game.

OFFENSE

Only 23 schools averaged over 300 passing yards a game.

Only 5 schools averaged over 300 rushing yards a game and they were:

Army - Option Offense
Air Force - Option Offense
Oregon - Spread Offense
Georgia Tech - Option Offense
New Mexico - Pistol Offense

Only 32 schools total averaged over 200 rushing yards a game.

49 schools averaged less then 150 rushing yards a game.
No need to let actual NCAA football stats and realism get in the way of making a fun football sim, lol.

IMO, EA Tiburon knows realism sells, they see the way games like NBA2k and The Show are heralded, hell they hired away The Show's CD to work on G4 Madden. I think the issue is they just haven't been able to make their football games that way, for whatever reason, so far. Realism for EA football games is like sour grapes at the moment for EA and their apologist because their games haven't gotten it right yet. However, IF on the new consoles, all this alleged investment in new tech and personnel pays off to make stellar realistic football games, on the level with other top sports sims, watch those same factions quickly change their tune. "OMG, I had a fumbled snap in a road playoff game because the crowd was going crazy, home field advantage is fo realz" #EAkeepin'itreal, lol
Old 04-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #71
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
At this point, all you can really do is laugh.
Point and laugh, indeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #72
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
"OMG, I had a fumbled snap in a road playoff game because the crowd was going crazy, home field advantage is fo realz" #EAkeepin'itreal, lol
Just thinking about that scenario almost brought a tear to my eye, LOL. Man I hope Tiburon shocks us with the next gen. We have been deprived TOO LONG.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »