Home

Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

This is a discussion on Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #33
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
While that is true, there are a few things we can glean from the picture.

1) The RB appears to be moving parallel to the yardline and hashmarks. So we can conclude that the back is trying to bounce the run outside, toward the near sideline.

2) #41 (FB) and #88 (TE) have sealed their defenders to the inside. So we can assume (hopefully) that this was an outside running play with the FB leading the play.

3) #8 (Pos unknown, but will assume a WR) is blocking a defender back toward the original spot of the ball. If #8 is a WR, due to his positioning relative to the other offensive players on the field we can make a logical conclusion that the running play is a toss/sweep to the left of the offense and #8 is performing a crack block on the playside DE or OLB.

4) If it is a toss/sweep with the WR cracking down, #4 would likely be the CB coming up to try and make the tackle/force the run back inside. Due to his positioning, it would appear that the CB came too far upfield and the back was able to slide inside of the CB and avoid the tackle.

5) If all the logical conclusions from the still shot are true, then we can conclude that the blockers are in the correct position for the play and the RB was able to get to the edge of the defense.
that is excellent breakdown
Old 04-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New Screenshot: Florida vs Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
From what I understand, O-Line/D-Line logic was improved, interactions were not.
this.

as i understood it, the patty cake, suction blocking is still there.

but instead of doing that to random/wrong/or no one, they'll at least go to second level and suction block the right guy.

the animation might look terrible, but the correct person is supposed to be blocked (or unblocked, if that is the case, like with options).

of course, they might not have done that correctly, but that's the part they worked on as i understand it.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0
1. Its hard to tell from the angle of the picture, but I wonder if they've finally fixed the revolution face masks which, for pretty much this entire generation have protruded wayyy too far out and sit far too low. The only revolution mask that is tolerable for me is the new LB cage that is fairly new (added in one of the last two iterations of the game). Key word "tolerable", as it still is proportioned wrong. I've removed ALL revolution helmets (except for a few exceptions with the LB cage) from the user team and all teams that appear on my schedule because I cannot STAND seeing those kooky masks ingame. Xans editor really comes in handy.

2. It would be greatly appreciated if we could get the QB revo speed mask implemented into the game. Technically, I want to say that its already included but just needs the two vertical bars from the robot mask removed. I dont think that should be too difficult of a task for professional designers? I'm not typing this in a foul/sarcastic way towards the art team, but it just really seems like that should be a 30 minute job tops, from booting up your software to pulling up the robot mask, deleting the bars and saving it as a new mask? Everything is already created, you're not designing a completely new shell (helmet) right?

3. If you're observing these pics with attention to detail, you'll also notice that the thigh pads on the NCAA player models are not separate entities from the model itself, which lends to the appearance of the pads being airbrushed/drawn on the player. It looks like the pads are melted into the player models thighs. It doesn't look right at all and you cant see any "pop" to the pads. Its very noticeable if you've played Madden which actually has removable thigh pads. I understand that some of the new pads that players wear can be thin and streamlined, but I dont think that was the intent of the art team at all, as the pads have been this way ever since the transition to current gen. The pads popped out/were very distinct on the PS2 version.

4. Official Mole, it would be appreciated if you could also relay to the team that unlocking the legend head models (I think there are about 20 in total, RGIII, Sanders, etc) in the editor would be greatly appreciated. Also, leaving the code open so that we can continue to use Xans editor or even implementing some version of Xans editor (global editor) to the game for quick mass changes to equipment and things of that nature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #36
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

Judging by these shots I still see a lack of field awareness, particularly in regards to where the ball is. The arguments about us not knowing what play was run fall on deaf ears. We had the game last year and the screen shot doesn't lie, so why is it so hard to at least code the game to have defenders look towards the ball even when an offensive player is engaging them in a block? Reach for the ball carriers when engaged in a block? Seems like a small thing, but it would help with the feeling of realism.

The player models are inexcusable considering what is available in Madden (Look at #41 Florida butt thighs and calves. That's wrong). Guys are either too slight, too fat, or too buff. What's worse is you have guys with a fat butt and legs with ridiculously skinny arms, or guys with steroid arms and a super skinny waist and butt. Not to mention the in game player model editor is glitched to hell, so the user can't even go in and fix what EA messed up from the start! Skinny arm glitch has been in the game forever. I think kingsofthevalley or somebody else found a fix last year with the editor, so EA could fix this player model issue if they really wanted to.

Same cheesy break tackle animation when the ball carriers uses his off hand to fend off the defender. The one you see 2 or 3 straight times in a row on occasion.

1980's and 90's shoulder pads and sleeves still well represented.

Still no sign of the Revo 2bar mask for all of the equipment buffs.

Same creepy zombie sideline players. I'm sorry but I think in 2013 this is ridiculous. Do we really need 3D grass and fancy lighting when the sidelines look like this?

Next gen ppl, next gen. This one is lost.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #37
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Re: Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1
AND STILL NOT A SIGHT OF A GRASS STAIN, DIRTY PANTS, NOTHING.. WE NEED TO KNOW AGAIN IF WE NOT GONE GET DIRTY UNIFORMS FOR THE 4TH STRAIGHT YEAR. FIX IT PLEASE. 4 YEARS MAN, COME ON. ILL BUY IT REGARDLESS BUT I NEED DIRTY UNIFORMS. IT SUCKS THAT COLOR UNIFORMS ARE DIRTY AND WHITE ONES ARE SUPER CLEAN.
That's why stuff doesn't get fixed...
Old 04-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #38
MVP

d11king's Arena

NO MORE LOW SOCKS!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #39
Banned

jhc0011's Arena

OVR: 0
Fix the fracking ball size you lazy SOBs. It CANNOT be that difficult.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #40
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc0011
Fix the fracking ball size you lazy SOBs. It CANNOT be that difficult.
Well according to them, it is. They know they made a mistake making the ball so big on this gen, but, they can't change it because the animations are tied to the size of the ball or something like that..

So, if they change it, it will mess up so many other things in the game.

I know this is true, or something of that variation, someone else with knowledge about this can chime in if i'm wrong, or add to it. It's pretty sad, I know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »