Home

Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

This is a discussion on Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looks like revolution helmets, terrible blocking, hunched backs while running, and the stupid looking players on the sidelines are still in the game..
Old 04-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #50
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6
Florida has new uniform number fonts, they finally got Florida's accessory color right I see. The Revolution helmet still looks like complete garbage. Look at the mask on it, sticks out too far and sits down too low. The art department dropped the ball on Revolution helmets. Thing that irks me besides that fact that Florida's new unis prob wont come out until months after release, is the lack Revolution Speed face masks. That helmet is worn by prob 80% of college players now, and there is a measily 5 different facemask styles to pick from in NCAA. Of the 5, I have only see a few. I really hope they added several new ones. Like the ones from Madden, the one that Jeff Driskel wears or that Super-Shredder style that a lot of defensive linemen are wearings. Be nice to see the new Rawlings Momentum helmet in the game that a lot of players are wearing. More players wear that Rawlings helmet than the newer Shutt helmet that is in the game. Disappointed with artwork and graphics so far. Looks the same is NCAA 10. When is the art department going to redo player models to wear helmets look human-like on a player? So much pointless gear is in the game like the leg bands and robot arm bands. But we can't get all real life helmets, masks, and true medium socks. Ankle tape looks hideous and why is there a black nike logo on all the shoes. Why is the Nike logo not Orange on the cleats like the shoe color. Just Disappointing.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #51
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6
Doesn't Florida have a circular SEC logo decal on the back of their helmet? Like South Carolina's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

I was liking the game until I viewed that clip.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #53
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
Florida has new uniform number fonts, they finally got Florida's accessory color right I see. The Revolution helmet still looks like complete garbage. Look at the mask on it, sticks out too far and sits down too low. The art department dropped the ball on Revolution helmets. Thing that irks me besides that fact that Florida's new unis prob wont come out until months after release, is the lack Revolution Speed face masks. That helmet is worn by prob 80% of college players now, and there is a measily 5 different facemask styles to pick from in NCAA. Of the 5, I have only see a few. I really hope they added several new ones. Like the ones from Madden, the one that Jeff Driskel wears or that Super-Shredder style that a lot of defensive linemen are wearings. Be nice to see the new Rawlings Momentum helmet in the game that a lot of players are wearing. More players wear that Rawlings helmet than the newer Shutt helmet that is in the game. Disappointed with artwork and graphics so far. Looks the same is NCAA 10. When is the art department going to redo player models to wear helmets look human-like on a player? So much pointless gear is in the game like the leg bands and robot arm bands. But we can't get all real life helmets, masks, and true medium socks. Ankle tape looks hideous and why is there a black nike logo on all the shoes. Why is the Nike logo not Orange on the cleats like the shoe color. Just Disappointing.
if you told me this was a NCAA 13 screenshot i'd believe you. I just don't get it. Can't blame it on time.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

Seriously, what is the point of these screenshots.

If you dropped that picture into the NCAA 13 (or 12, etc) screenshots thread without the NCAA 14 watermark on it NO ONE would notice.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4
I do a little bit of 3d modeling and work with the cryengine. From my non-professional experience, it looks like the 3d models are all one piece. meaning that the arms and jerseys aren't separate from each other. If you look at 2k sports basketball games, the jerseys and shorts are separate. So when they move and shift, the skin doesn't pull the uniform making it look dis-formed. i am surprised that EA hasn't taken on this sort of modeling technique. I get polygon limitations, but that's why you import the models and then link the uniforms to the models separately having each player actually be multiple models attached. Here's hoping that with the next gen graphic engines that are coming out and not having nearly the polygon limitations that do now allows them to make true models. I did see on next gen demo that showed a 3d model of how the people can be created now, it had many layers including, bones, muscles, flesh, hair and clothing. lets go PS4 and Xbox 720! (side note, it will all be for not if they do what they did in the last switch from the previous generation console to the current generation console by wiping the game completely and thinking it's okay because they are giving us something new and shiny to look at)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #56
Rookie

F3rN's Arena

OVR: 3

Is this game ever going to get new cleats? It looks like the same game from 3 years ago. I have not bought NCAA football since '11 and was looking forward to buying it this summer but it looks the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »