Home

Equipment hopes for 14

This is a discussion on Equipment hopes for 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #49
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Equipment hopes for 14

I'd be happy with a few new Revo Speed facemasks, the Xenith helmet, and maybe the Rawlings one. I don't even expect the 360 helmet to get any love from Madden, so I certainly don't expect it in NCAA. I'd also like to see some newer, or just an overall larger variety, of cleats. EA is a little dated on the shoe game! Seeing as how some schools have striped socks, seen in the Adidas strategy pack, I don't see why Nike Elite socks would be impossible to do.

More of an observation than hope, but I'm pretty sure I've noticed three different Nike gloves (2 new, one pair that was in 12) and I'm guessing a pair of Cutters gloves on the Georgia Tech RB in the IGN video. I know how much you guys have been wanting Cutters.

Last edited by BLACKjersey53; 04-17-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #50
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhhsfu0509
Guys, I hate to say this, but here are the facts:

Whether or not they put all of these things in the game, they're still going to sell millions of copies of both NCAA and Madden. From an economic standpoint, to them, the cost probably isn't justified.

It would take tens or hundreds of thousands of regular customers boycotting these titles to make them consider otherwise.

Unfortunately, they're not concerned with "us" (the hardcore fans who play the game year in and year out). Like any company they want NEW customers. And if some of us fall off, as long as they get new buyers to replace us plus some extras, they're fine.

Point is, keep your fingers crossed but don't get your hopes up!
this is why we will seemingly never get a COMPLETE product from a company that is annually on the "top ten worst companies in america" list..and its sad because we have shelled out thousands of dollars to this company over the years..at least i have anyway
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #51
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

It's amazing how the state of Florida is a hotbed for football but EA is behind when it comes to equipment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 02:05 AM   #52
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
I'd be happy with a few new Revo Speed facemasks, the Xenith helmet, and maybe the Rawlings one. I don't even expect the 360 helmet to get any love from Madden, so I certainly don't expect it in NCAA. I'd also like to see some newer, or just an overall larger variety, of cleats. EA is a little dated on the shoe game! Seeing as how some schools have striped socks, seen in the Adidas strategy pack, I don't see why Nike Elite socks would be impossible to do.

More of an observation than hope, but I'm pretty sure I've noticed three different Nike gloves (2 new, one pair that was in 12) and I'm guessing a pair of Cutters gloves on the Georgia Tech RB in the IGN video. I know how much you guys have been wanting Cutters.
That's what I was thinking. If they don't get the equipment in by release they could do something with the strategy pack.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #53
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

So I'm thinking from a space issue. What equipment would you've willing to give up? Hand tape for OL? Neck roll?

Edit: Current Gen only as I expect every equipment we've ever had to be in next gen.

Last edited by StayPlation82; 04-18-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
So I'm thinking from a space issue. What equipment would you've willing to give up? Hand tape for OL? Neck roll?

Edit: Current Gen only as I expect every equipment we've ever had to be in next gen.
For facemasks, the 2-bar jagged. Never seen it EVER IRL. Also, the LaDanian Tomlinson one. Most of the old REVO's because I never see them anymore.

Take those out and add the Revo Speed 2-bar, the Revo Speed RB Robot and the Revo Speed Justin Tuck-style DL facemask that I see every DE in the world wearing last season.

Take out the elbow pads or update them. Make them smaller.

For the sleeves, just make a top sleeve and bottom sleeve with sliders to adjust length. Same with dreads/long hair.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #55
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky911
For facemasks, the 2-bar jagged. Never seen it EVER IRL. Also, the LaDanian Tomlinson one. Most of the old REVO's because I never see them anymore.

Take those out and add the Revo Speed 2-bar, the Revo Speed RB Robot and the Revo Speed Justin Tuck-style DL facemask that I see every DE in the world wearing last season.

Take out the elbow pads or update them. Make them smaller.

For the sleeves, just make a top sleeve and bottom sleeve with sliders to adjust length. Same with dreads/long hair.
This! I get sick and tired of seeing these in the game. You don't see any players (Outside of Anthony Dixon for the 49ers) wearing these. There may be one or two guys, but they aren't a serious need.

I would be happy if they just swapped any Ion facemask / or the L.T. facemask and put in the Revo speed "2-bar.".

Facemasks you can remove:
Bull RB
Full Cage 2
Bulldog (no one should wear this)
RB 1 (no one should ever wear this)
RB 2 (no one should ever ever wear this)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #56
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

I got a list of stuff that we probably won't see til Next Gen, but I'll put here:

Helmets/Facemasks/Upper Body:
-Need all the new helmets & facemasks like the Revo Speed and Ion and all of those.
-adidas visors need to be in the game.
-Neck pads, neck rolls, and extended neck rolls need to be in. Shoulder pads need to be realistic looking.
-Mouthpieces, eye black need to be back.

Armwear:
-Real elbow pads, not those throwbacks with the team stripe on them. Fix the rubber pad too.
-Need a separate arm sleeve that has elbow padding on it.
-Needs to be black wrist tape as well as team color wrist tape.
-Add a different style wrist brace like the "protective wrist band" in NBA 2K13.
-Make all wristbands and arm bands have textures and look realistic.
-Be able to layer gear on top of one another.
-Add rubberbands.
-QB Wrist needs to look realistic.

Legwear:
-Add padded knee braces that QBs & other skill players tend to wear.
-Add Nike & Under Armour socks.
-Give socks a textured, realistic look.
-Update all new cleats and allow them to have multiple colorways, including team color being predominant within the cleat.
-Be able to wear leggings under pants so it looks like pro-style socks or something.
-Fix foot tape.

Add secondary color for all gear as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »