Home

What do you most want to see fixed/greatly improved next gen?

This is a discussion on What do you most want to see fixed/greatly improved next gen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you most want to see fixed/greatly improved next gen?
Graphics 13 27.08%
Presentation - During Gameplay (Player Stats, Interesting stats, etc.) 19 39.58%
Presentation - Outside Gameplay (Pre/Post game, Halftime, etc.) 11 22.92%
Commentary 13 27.08%
OL/DL Interaction 30 62.50%
WR/DB Interaction 25 52.08%
Jukes/Spin/Trucking/Stiff Arm Moves 8 16.67%
Player Locomotion (More realistic turning/momentum, etc) 25 52.08%
Infinite Engine - 18 37.50%
Smaller Football 6 12.50%
More QB Throwing Styles (Like Madden) 12 25.00%
New QB Ratings (Throw Short/Medium/Deep/On Run) 14 29.17%
Player Tendencies (QB- Throw Short/Med/Deep, CB- Go For Int/Swat, etc.) 13 27.08%
Improved A.I. Overall 31 64.58%
Running Animations 21 43.75%
Player Models 15 31.25%
Player Equipment (Helmets, Shoes, Socks, etc) 11 22.92%
Crowd, College Atmosphere 17 35.42%
Dynasty - Spring Game/All Star Games 14 29.17%
Dynasty - Player Progression (Ratings, and also Weight) 23 47.92%
Dynasty - Recruiting 19 39.58%
Dynasty - Coaching Carousel 17 35.42%
Dynasty - Positional Coaches (Coordinators, QB Coach/D-Line coach, etc) 18 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: What do you most want to see fixed/greatly improved next gen?

Sorry, I selected everything. I couldn't decide.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
what SHOULD be fixed is honestly all of the above.. we have shelled out 60$ per year for this title and seen minimal improvements year to year..hell they have even recycled features back into the game . for people like me, who has purchased this game every year of its existence they owe it to me and the rest of us to address every single one of these issues
Agreed! Unfortunately I have just come to expect mediocrity from EA and know they won't fix all these things. The only hope I have left is that the talk from EA about this being a tough generation is really true, and that next-gen there are no issues and it is full steam ahead, and we can finally see what would be the first great NCAA game since 06' (IMO).

I would love ALL of these things fixed, that is why I listed them, it was the top things that came to my head that I would like to see fixed, and I just wanted to see where peoples top priorities are with regards to what they feel are the MOST important places this game could improve.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Dynasty - Player Progression is an area, for me personally, that could enrich my dynasty experience.

Specifically, I want some DYNAMIC player progression throughout the season, not just the offseason. It would be factored based on the following:

- minutes played. There's no replacement for actual game time.
- amount of ratings gain depends on a player "potential" attribute.

For example, player progression as it is now might typically see 71 OVR Freshman TE Ross Burgett gain +3 as he enters his Soph season. In a dynamic system, I decide to get this guy on the field often as a Freshman. He gains valuable experience, and finished the season at a 74 OVR, then gains +2 more in the offseason, then begins his Soph season at a 76 OVR, rather than a 74 OVR in the old system where he only got on the field in garbage time.

This system should not be overdone. Overall, the net comparison of player points accrued would be roughly the same as in the old system. The difference is WHO gains the ratings points.

Also, bringing back spring drills could enhance player progression overall.

I know Madden has some type of player progression with user control. I haven't bought Madden since '05, but from watching a couple of Youtube vids, I see it uses an experience system, and I'd be alright with that also. Just make it feel not so pre-determined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #12
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I picked OL/DL interaction over Player locomotion, without realistic lineplay this game seems far to "arcady" to me. There seems to be no gap integrity. The animations are pre scripted and horrible. You can't even get a good pass rush anymore. You can have Clowney at DE going against some scrub 70's rated tackle and he'll be locked down 8/10 times. Player Locomotion would be sweet, but without good blocking it wouldn't matter.The rip and swim moves rarely work like they used to last gen.

I agree with the above post by Stonecalf. I miss the spring drills as well. I wish they would bring them back and incorporate them into player progression in dynasty mode. They used to do this on Madden. I couldn't imagine trying to win a line battle with the current gameplay in a spring drill. lol

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 04-15-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #13
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Improved AI

You can have perfect physics and amazing presentation but without top notch AI no game is worth the plastic it gets packaged in.

Edit: Absolutely dumbfounded that so many ppl haven't selected Improved AI...oh well.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 04-15-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Top 4 choices:

1. improve ol/dl interactions
2. improve wr/db interactions
3. implement a passing meter of some sort (just about every other sports game has moved away from simple button pushing - fifa has a kicking meters, baseball has pitching/throwing meters, basketball has jumpshot relases; its time for football gameplay to change)

4. can we get some variety/better looking throwing animations? 2k bball has hundreds of gorgeous jumpshot animations-all i ask for is about 10 different throwing styles to mix things up a little

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »