Home

Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine

This is a discussion on Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
This is a serious question.

I'm not knocking ANY of you guys for being excited about this news, but wouldn't you rather hear about gameplay? While I understand that there will be a time and place for the gameplay presentation, but if the game looks cool but plays like crap is it worth it?

To some of you, is the presentation worth more than the gameplay? That's a serious question, I'm not knocking ANY of you, just try to help me understand why you'd get excited about a halftime show.
Gameplay info has been out for weeks, where have you been?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
This is a serious question.

I'm not knocking ANY of you guys for being excited about this news, but wouldn't you rather hear about gameplay? While I understand that there will be a time and place for the gameplay presentation, but if the game looks cool but plays like crap is it worth it?

To some of you, is the presentation worth more than the gameplay? That's a serious question, I'm not knocking ANY of you, just try to help me understand why you'd get excited about a halftime show.
I'm not one of those excited, but I'll take a stab at it.

A) Another game had a HT show that people seemed to be very excited about.

B) People have different priorities. My number 1 priority might be different than someone else's priority.

We're all different.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Gameplay info has been out for weeks, where have you been?
I haven't seen anything more than them saying that things are new and fixed, I want gameplay videos not game trailers.

So far, this is shaping up to be my first time I will not have bought this game early or bought it on release since probably 2001.
  • I want to see them actually use an Oregon or G-Tech run the option effectively as the computer.
  • I want to see the dynamic blocking where there are no suction animations
  • I want to see if the physics engine looks and plays like it should instead of what the trailer shows (backs trucking every player in front of them)
  • I want to see that safeties aren't clueless when playing deep routes and not going after a guy running the options

I usually mute commentary and skip all the pre-game stuff anyways after the first week. Give me outstanding gameplay and an incredibly deep and rich dynasty mode.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Gotta give you credit on this one JP, way to break this early, interested to see how this all looks tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Cool news, but I'm still not expecting much from these guys.
I have to see it to believe it and the comments of "simplicity and speed" concern me, does it mean that like previous years when all the replays/presentation elements were blocked by the playbooks or does it mean there is no presentation so the game rushes you from play to play without any transition.

I guess this also means no ESPN college football presentation and camera cuts like on television which is all we have been asking for for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #22
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm approaching this with extreme caution the "halftime show" for Madden 13 was a screen with stats.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Gotta give you credit on this one JP, way to break this early, interested to see how this all looks tomorrow.
Thanks man, all I had to do was open my mailbox though lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have to see it to believe it and the comments of "simplicity and speed" concern me, does it mean that like previous years when all the replays/presentation elements were blocked by the playbooks or does it mean there is no presentation so the game rushes you from play to play without any transition.

I guess this also means no ESPN college football presentation and camera cuts like on television which is all we have been asking for for years.
my concern as well. I don't want less presentation so I can play through a game faster. The more presentation the better IMO so long as it mimicks real life presentation and not some mixture of TV/NFL films type broadcast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »