Home

Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine

This is a discussion on Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #25
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Ncaa 14 has a halftime show-Game Informer Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have to see it to believe it and the comments of "simplicity and speed" concern me, does it mean that like previous years when all the replays/presentation elements were blocked by the playbooks or does it mean there is no presentation so the game rushes you from play to play without any transition.

I guess this also means no ESPN college football presentation and camera cuts like on television which is all we have been asking for for years.
Exactly that concerns me. The games presentation has already been rushed for years. I just don't think these guys get it, at least not for what I would like to see from presentation.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #26
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
This is a serious question.

I'm not knocking ANY of you guys for being excited about this news, but wouldn't you rather hear about gameplay? While I understand that there will be a time and place for the gameplay presentation, but if the game looks cool but plays like crap is it worth it?

To some of you, is the presentation worth more than the gameplay? That's a serious question, I'm not knocking ANY of you, just try to help me understand why you'd get excited about a halftime show.
What an odd question, imo. Do you only play Play Now games or do you also play Dynasty? If you play Dynasty, aren't you interested in whatever they add to the mode IN ADDITION to game play? If so, than it's no different for gamers that are interested in multiple aspects of the game. Are you suggesting presentation stay bad or exactly the same until game play as good as they can get it, even though that's two separate areas of the game, that it doesn't matter until game play is solid or what?

Let me try it like this, if your car was damaged, needed engine and bodywork, you couldn't care less how the body work is coming along just because the mechanic hasn't updated you on the engine?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #27
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

Let me try it like this, if your car was damaged, needed engine and bodywork, you couldn't care less how the body work is coming along just because the mechanic hasn't updated you on the engine?
I know you're not asking me, but this is how I would feel.

If the bod work was great, I'd be very happy. But if I then learned that my car still drove like crap, the new body work would mean nothing to me.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
What an odd question, imo. Do you only play Play Now games or do you also play Dynasty? If you play Dynasty, aren't you interested in whatever they add to the mode IN ADDITION to game play? If so, than it's no different for gamers that are interested in multiple aspects of the game. Are you suggesting presentation stay bad or exactly the same until game play as good as they can get it, even though that's two separate areas of the game, that it doesn't matter until game play is solid or what?

That's a very fair retort, and I play exclusively offline dynasty.

Here's where I'm coming from: If a game plays incredible, the gameplay is top notch, all of the problems I've discussed in other posts are fixed. The gameplay itself is the best NCAA gameplay EVER.

I will replay that game a TON more than I have these last few years with crappy gameplay with frills added every year. With a video game, any game for that matter (shooter, RPG, sports) the goal is to create an engaging game that you want to put multiple hours in. The last few years I haven't had a desire to play NCAA after more than a month or so and after failed patches .. that's not worth $59.99 to me.

To pair that with your example to a car ... I drive a 2002 Lincoln Continental that has a few rust spots. I will drive that car well past 200k miles even though I could go buy a new Escalade with cash right now. Why? Because that car may not look good, but it's a blast to drive, has never needed anything other than an oil change and new tires.

To bring YOUR example to football ... If you put one of those top of the line, designed by engineers, vapor cleats, dark visor, sick gloves and spats .. but the player sucks, he sucks. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Give me the throwback with old borrowed cleats that are falling apart, a hand me down uniform who just loves to play the game and hit people and doesn't care how he looks.

THAT is what I'm looking for in NCAA.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #29
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
I have to see it to believe it and the comments of "simplicity and speed" concern me, does it mean that like previous years when all the replays/presentation elements were blocked by the playbooks or does it mean there is no presentation so the game rushes you from play to play without any transition.

I guess this also means no ESPN college football presentation and camera cuts like on television which is all we have been asking for for years.
I almost posting something similar to this but decided to go check some Youtube videos first. There where some subtle details added to M13 at least that seem to imply they are trying to transition better from play to play for a more realistic game pace. So I will wait to see how this all shkes out. However, I definitely share the concern about them going with some video game presentation opposed to a real network replication. Surprised they did go full real time presentation but I guess that's for the new consoles.

I'm just tired of seeing EA football constantly trying to cater to individual gamers or factions within the football gaming community, instead of just making the game true to the football simulation video game genre. Just make a sim game with options to customize it, not a customized game with options to try to make it sim.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #30
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

I think they are mainly talking about the menus and user interfaces, there's no mention of them specifically removing the espn score ticker or in-game updates. Keep in mind the person who wrote this may have only played a play now game, not Dynasty, very likely. Last year you only ever saw the in game updates and ticker stuff in Dynasty mode. Guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #31
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
I know you're not asking me, but this is how I would feel.

If the bod work was great, I'd be very happy. But if I then learned that my car still drove like crap, the new body work would mean nothing to me.
@Aggies67 and walshcav, ok, that's the point, people can judge the presentation on it's own merit, just like the body work and that doesn't mean they couldn't care less about game play or that it isn't important to them.

Thursday is the presentation playbook so which is more reasonable, to ignore it until they release more game play videos or check it out since it's what's currently available?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

They are sucking me in.....must fight...harder....can't seem to resist.....ahhhhh!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »