Home

NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Hands-On

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Hands-On within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #25
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
My reasoning in saying this was they spent so much time on that feature and just scrapped it the next year. They also did this with so many features in Madden, like the virtual difficulty thing they had you do to determine your difficulty setting in 09 I think, and the rewind feature as well.

They spend all this time on these features and then pull them the next year, instead of working on core features that fans are screaming for. That's what makes MLB The Show and NBA 2K so great, and EA sports football series' just mediocre (in my opinion)
From what I understand they didn't scrap or remove them, they use them to create a pregame music video montage in NCAA 14 pregame. It's likely similar to what M13 did with team run outs added in M12, making them into a montage, except NCAA 14 is adding a music element to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re-HmFem-dg

Taking those montages and presumably putting the to music pregame instead of halftime like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ng3dTSq_g

I hope M25 follows suit and uses this music video format for pregame too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #26
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
From what I understand they didn't scrap or remove them, they use them to create a pregame music video montage in NCAA 14 pregame. It's likely similar to what M13 did with team run outs added in M12, making them into a montage, except NCAA 14 is adding a music element to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re-HmFem-dg

Taking those montages and presumably putting the to music pregame instead of halftime like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ng3dTSq_g

I hope M25 follows suit and uses this music video format for pregame too.

Ah, I feel much better then.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #27
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
Lost me at "no real improvements in the penalties" area. Why can't penalties be done realistically?
Because they still use a ton of predetermined canned animations, how can you call penalties on predetermined outcomes? unless they motion captured penalty animations and made them predetermined too. If they did that people would find a way to trigger them and exploit it which would ruin the game even more.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #28
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I see lots of good news here:

- Option game is improved. IF this is really the case, then it will not only be fun to play in the spread-option, but challenging to play against it.

- Best news in the article for me? Different difficulties for Offense and Defense. This is a very welcome change! I can't wait to toy with the settings.

- Getting a push one way or the other implies that ratings are going to actually matter for the lines. I'd love better interaction, but I'd take just having the ratings working properly.

- I'll say it again: the field looks so improved over last year. It's finally green.

- The bugs from IE 1.0 have been cleaned up.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Looks like I will stick with playing NCAA 06. I have been playing that game consistently for 8 years and I am still having tons of fun and getting a challenge from it. The biggest disappointment with the next -gen game for me has always been the running animations. Why they could never fix that is beyond me.

LONG LIVE NCAA 06!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #30
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I see lots of good news here:

- Option game is improved. IF this is really the case, then it will not only be fun to play in the spread-option, but challenging to play against it.

- Best news in the article for me? Different difficulties for Offense and Defense. This is a very welcome change! I can't wait to toy with the settings.

- Getting a push one way or the other implies that ratings are going to actually matter for the lines. I'd love better interaction, but I'd take just having the ratings working properly.

- I'll say it again: the field looks so improved over last year. It's finally green.

- The bugs from IE 1.0 have been cleaned up.
Yeah overall I'm liking what was mentioned in Steve's preview. I know these games aren't going to be perfect. Nothing has really scared me away yet.. I'm still curious what Season and Dynasty will have to offer.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #31
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
some of this sounds encouraging. I'll be interested to see just how much the zig-zagging has been eliminated, as well as how DBs are playing and whether them and linemen are affected by ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11
Love love love the honest review ,pros and cons, and not just a free commercial spot for EA.... People can't say they had no idea now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »