Home

Fun Teams to Use in '14

This is a discussion on Fun Teams to Use in '14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Fun Teams to Use in '14

Okay, so I've already boarded the hype train and am very excited for '14 and the online dynasty I'm going to be in (which is going to realistic by the way, not sim haha). One of the ideas we have is each owner starting off as a 3-star school and below, no matter the conference, no matter the team.. with coaching carousel on, so if you do good at your program and get an offer from another school, you can either stay or leave. I have a general idea of who I want to be, (Fresno St.) but I don't know of any other teams I may want to be, cause I'm not sure what offensive style I want to run, whether it be a Spread Option, or Pro Style. Playing with a school that has a quarterback similar to Braxton Miller/Russell Wilson entices me.

What teams would be fun to use in '14? I'm very picky but just want to ask OS to help me find out about other teams. A team with a nice stadium, in a winnable but fun conference (think Mountain West or Big XII) with nice jerseys. That's just my personal preference but yeah, what other teams might be fun to build with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 AM   #2
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Okay, so I've already boarded the hype train and am very excited for '14 and the online dynasty I'm going to be in (which is going to realistic by the way, not sim haha). One of the ideas we have is each owner starting off as a 3-star school and below, no matter the conference, no matter the team.. with coaching carousel on, so if you do good at your program and get an offer from another school, you can either stay or leave. I have a general idea of who I want to be, (Fresno St.) but I don't know of any other teams I may want to be, cause I'm not sure what offensive style I want to run, whether it be a Spread Option, or Pro Style. Playing with a school that has a quarterback similar to Braxton Miller/Russell Wilson entices me.

What teams would be fun to use in '14? I'm very picky but just want to ask OS to help me find out about other teams. A team with a nice stadium, in a winnable but fun conference (think Mountain West or Big XII) with nice jerseys. That's just my personal preference but yeah, what other teams might be fun to build with.
Marshall.

Rakeem Cato is a beast. Fast and a good passer. They run the spread too. Marshall also picked up solid recruits (#1 recruiting class in cusa this year) and a few good transfers.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #3
MVP

d11king's Arena

Re: Fun Teams to Use in '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
Marshall.

Rakeem Cato is a beast. Fast and a good passer. They run the spread too. Marshall also picked up solid recruits (#1 recruiting class in cusa this year) and a few good transfers.
Hoooooray! My plan was either to be FS, ECU or Marshall.

Marshall with the rivalry with West Virginia is gonna make everything exciting. So what's their style of play? I know you said Spread, but is it like a Spread Option, like a WVU, or a Spread like a Michael Crabtree, Graham Harrell Texas Tech Spread, (if that was spread).
Old 04-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

Quote:
Hoooooray! My plan was either to be FS, ECU or Marshall.

Marshall with the rivalry with West Virginia is gonna make everything exciting. So what's their style of play? I know you said Spread, but is it like a Spread Option, like a WVU, or a Spread like a Michael Crabtree, Graham Harrell Texas Tech Spread, (if that was spread).
Well, I'm a wvu fan, so I watched them play wvu this past year. They aired it out (they were also down by 30 though), but they can move the rock through the air. They're very similar to wvu. They also added a former 4* wr recruit that was once committed to wvu, but was ruled academically ineligible (Deontay McManus).

WVU isn't really a spread "option" anymore btw. That left with rich rod lol. They run the same offense the Texas tech, Michael Crabtree, Graham Harrell duo did - air raid (they have the oc from that team as a hc). But I believe Marshall runs Cato a bit from the option, which should be fun with all the revamped option features in the game this year.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 04-19-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #5
MVP

d11king's Arena

What about UCLA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

Quote:
What about UCLA?
Don't know a whole lot ab them. What about Washington State? You'll have the former Texas tech coach in Mike leach, a tough schedule (first 2 games are at auburn & usc, & week 5 is a neutral site game in Seattle against Stanford), and the RS JR Connor Halliday @ qb.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

As an Air Force vet I'll try the Air Force Academy.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
What about UCLA?
We were a better team to use last year, since Franklin was there and he's a beast. But we should still be good. Hundley is a great QB and only a RS SO. Defense is pretty solid.

I second the WSU recommendation too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »