Home

NCAA Football 14 Presentation Trailer

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Presentation Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #57
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Exactly!! Those close ups make it looked staged and fake...Just show the entire field and give life to every one on it... Hate those cut scenes and can we please get a list of stadium upgrades added to this years game?
Better yet how many times do we have to preach for copying what you see on tv. Its like the devs say to each other lets try this because it looks cooler and more dramatic than a realistic camera view. Maybe their thinking is backwards when it comes to immersion. Idk if they believe that these unrealistic camera views will put us in awe or if it will bring us closer to the field.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #58
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Better yet how many times do we have to preach for copying what you see on tv. Its like the devs say to each other lets try this because it looks cooler and more dramatic than a realistic camera view. Maybe their thinking is backwards when it comes to immersion. Idk if they believe that these unrealistic camera views will put us in awe or if it will bring us closer to the field.
They honestly believe they can do it better, which is sad as they can't even match the on field quality presentation wise.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #59
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
so they have socks, gloves and neutral site games. no the presentation folks can sit down for a while. Thank the man above lol. Just Kidding

I like the little presentation stuff. Glad its in. Like to customize my guys and the more options the better. Now Gameplay. Im gonna buy… After I rent. If its good. Ill buy. Otherwise ill keep 13 and update rosters.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #60
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I like the little presentation stuff. Glad its in. Like to customize my guys and the more options the better. Now Gameplay. Im gonna buy… After I rent. If its good. Ill buy. Otherwise ill keep 13 and update rosters.
I felt like Captian Kirk reading this.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 04-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #61
Banned

GetReal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
They honestly believe they can do it better, which is sad as they can't even match the on field quality presentation wise.
They did the same thing with those awful replay angles a couple of years. They always do their own thing and it never looks good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I loved those lightning quick menus.

Not sold on the halftime show. Even if it doesn't get repetitive like the studio updates, these shows are hard to pull off. If they aren't able to make it "Natural" I'll probably spend the time trying to figure how how the developers patched together the sound bites, and what stat caused Reece to say this or Pollack to say that. I guess I am skeptical, but after Reece kept telling me how they were watching Sun Belt games "All day long" last year, it is tough to buy in now.
Knowing this series and EA football games the halftime show will have a different banter for a blowout, tied game, low scoring game, and high scoring. So in my opinion after 10 or less games we will have heard it all and we mash passed it.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 0

Sprinkler cam cutscenes still in I see. Honestly, the cutscenes wouldn't be that bad if it showed the players from the waist up with some type of stat banner. I probably could deal with that, but the ground level cameras are just completely off.

We know for a fact that the handheld broadcast cameras are in this year. In a perfect world, the devs would utilize those cameras for ALL celebrations. Now that I think about it, I'm figuring we'll have an equal amount of correct broadcast swipes mixed with the sprinkler cam swipes. I'v come to this conclusion because of the oregon cutscene at the end of the trailer. Thats a perfect cutscene and it shows that they know how to do it. I'm pretty sure there are more just like it.

Here's an article which goes into detail with how important this presentation can be
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...otball/307212/

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 04-20-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #64
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I just noticed that you can pick the weather for dynasty games. Nice.
maybe I missed something, but where exactly did they say that?

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »