Home

Let me take a wild guess...

This is a discussion on Let me take a wild guess... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Let me take a wild guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift7one
one thing Ive never seen in NcAA, is the weather affecting special teams. yeah receivers and lineman may slip, but in Madden your kicker can actually slip and fall messing up the kick. bobbled or low snaps are rare, but weather can also affect that.

another thing... GUSTING WINDS.

in most games, the wind is just a constant factor, like a fan is on. I dont see gusting or changing wind speeds and directions, like how they do in say Tiger Woods 14.
Kickers slipping was in that All Pro 2K8 game.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
I actually missed a couple of field goals in 13 cuz the wind was up 12-15 mph and in one game... I HAVE NO CLUE HOW???? It was a dome game and the wind was at 3 mph confused by that lol.
3 mph wind in the dome -- must've been the a/c kicking in just in time for the kick. If you were playing on the road you could just chalk it up to the opposing team's stadium facilities manager giving you a taste of home cooking.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Fixed that for you.
Except most people will never set their games to bad weather.

It removes realism to let people choose.

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #20
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
And in typical EA style... there are WAY TOO MANY rain games... One or two a year, fine. Four in a season every six or seven years, fine. But half your games in rain EVERY FREAKING YEAR??? Yeah... good job, EA!!!
this is because EA (correctly) has the weather different by region of the country. The problem is that in "rainy" areas they go overboard. In my Michigan offline it rains way too much (even though michigan is a very rainy state). However in '12 I was ASU in my OD and in '13 I'm SMU and it almost never rained/rains in either place. In both ASU and SMU I've gone multiple seasons without a single rain game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #21
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
this is because EA (correctly) has the weather different by region of the country. The problem is that in "rainy" areas they go overboard. In my Michigan offline it rains way too much (even though michigan is a very rainy state). However in '12 I was ASU in my OD and in '13 I'm SMU and it almost never rained/rains in either place. In both ASU and SMU I've gone multiple seasons without a single rain game.
That may be, but you and the other person, T-Moar, are both assuming I would play as WSU just because I have Mike Leach in my avatar. I am a huge Leach fan, but I always take over teams like North Texas, Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, Idaho, etc...

Yet no matter which of those schools I use, the rain is the same. Really frustrating w/ Idaho because half the games are in a dome, the other half are in rain... whether I'm playing at Georgia, UCLA, Nebraska, Boise State or Texas...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #22
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

Quote:
That may be, but you and the other person, T-Moar, are both assuming I would play as WSU just because I have Mike Leach in my avatar. I am a huge Leach fan, but I always take over teams like North Texas, Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, Idaho, etc...

Yet no matter which of those schools I use, the rain is the same. Really frustrating w/ Idaho because half the games are in a dome, the other half are in rain... whether I'm playing at Georgia, UCLA, Nebraska, Boise State or Texas...
Yeesh, it was a joke. I feel your pain, though. I play as Houston, and half of my games get rained on, too. Houston isn't even particularly rainy, either. The actual football team played one home game this year in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
See, I actually dont like that for dynasty. I mean yea, the logic was bad, but letting us set the weather just takes the randomness factor out of it. Now you'll literally never play a game in bad weather.
Quick, easy fixes for "randomness factor":
1. Always use the live feed.
2. set up a spreadsheet with types of weather. Go to random.org, and have the random number generator tell you what kind of weather you're going to have.

Last edited by T-Moar; 04-22-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:

I wasn't assuming anything about your team. I was simply pointing out that it rained entirely too often for my games in Ann Arbor and almost never for my games in Tempe and Dallas.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #24
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

The video they released showing the new weather looked pretty good

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »