Home

Playoff option

This is a discussion on Playoff option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #33
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Playoff option

I highly doubt anyone is telling EA not to put the playoff in the game. The NCAA should WANT EA to put the playoff system into the game this year to promote the fact that they are going in that direction next year. Especially after all the lose ends are supposedly supposed to be tied up this week at the meeting of the BCS commissioners. That gives the EA team plenty of time to implement it. At the very least they'll give us an option to add it in at the beginning of the Dynasty. It's safe to say that if the Playoff isn't in this years game, I'll think long and hard about skipping this year and I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

Also, if you'd like to see what the BCS guys are talking about this week:

Spoiler
Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #34
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

It would be great if they put this in but I doubt it will be in this year.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
It never made it into the final build.
There was a beta version with it in there and when the NCAA saw it they made them take it out before the game hit the shelves.

They also made them take out the discipline feature as well, because it gave the NCAA and its athletes a "black eye"
I thought it use to be in the game, like 2003 was the least year, I thought...perhaps another case of misremembering or just hearing wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #36
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Anyone remember when EA put the Texans into franchise a year early? Complete with expansion draft and everything. This would be a cinch compared to something like that.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has a format for this even been decided? Have they decided if its going to match up certain bowl winner vs another particular bowl winner (ie rose bowl vs sugar bowl) or will teams be seeded based on rank? Im not sure any of that has been announced
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #38
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCHeelsftball2011
Has a format for this even been decided? Have they decided if its going to match up certain bowl winner vs another particular bowl winner (ie rose bowl vs sugar bowl) or will teams be seeded based on rank? Im not sure any of that has been announced
Yes. Look at the link a few posts above yours.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 11

And it looks like we have a name for it. College football playoffs lol so original.... which should make it even more easy to implement in the game this year

Last edited by malky; 04-24-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
And it looks like we have a name for it. College football playoffs lol so original.... which should make it even more easy to implement in the game this year
They can do it...but will they? Im on the fence about the game. If they add this im 100percent in!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »