Home

More realistic player models

This is a discussion on More realistic player models within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: More realistic player models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
IMO ncaa hasn't had good player models since last gen. Something about them just looks totally unproportional. It doesn't look like they're wearing pads. But the pads look like they are part of the body.

I'm not sure why they can't get them right. NBA 2k12 looks photo realistic. And so does The Show. NCAA looks like a video game.

There are older football games with better player models. Take a look.

Look at the definition in the pads. It looks like he put pads on, and is actually wearing them.

2k8. The player looks proportional.

This is a big reason as to why I don't buy the game that represents my favorite sport. It completely takes the realism out of it for me.

What the hell is number 60 doing in the third pic? Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #26
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I think he was dancing. My QB had just broke the record for touchdowns in a season,
Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #27
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
He's teaching you how to dougie. Lol
Old 04-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 3

surprised no one has posted how they look in real life, for comparisons sake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Anyone else think the players are to big compared to the field? Like they take up to much space?

The proportions should be better i agree along with maybe a smaller model overall. Maybe it's just me
Someone here posted a pic in another thread, that the players are the correct size when laying flat on the field. FWIW

I'll try to find it for you

Last edited by Mouse; 04-21-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
I think the picture speaks for itself that the field is sized correctly for the player models. The reason why those things happen is because of flight time on passes, unrealistic reaction time by defenders, and unrealistic player movement not because the field itself is too small.

IMO, the solution needs to lie in addressing those issues, not shrinking the player models.
That only shows the north-south proportions...what about the east-west proportion? That is what I'd be more interested in....I feel like for me that is where the field is too small
Old 04-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
That only shows the north-south proportions...what about the east-west proportion? That is what I'd be more interested in....I feel like for me that is where the field is too small
That's a good observation and unfortunately not one that can be measured easily due to lack of field markings in that direction. The only sure way would be to line up a bunch of player models on the ground and see how many it takes to stretch across the field.

With that said, to me vertical gameplay feels equally cramped when comparing to horizontal gameplay so I do still believe that it is player movement and reaction more than player model or field size that needs to be addressed. If I can figure out a way to measure the field width I'll definitely do it though.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
That's a good observation and unfortunately not one that can be measured easily due to lack of field markings in that direction. The only sure way would be to line up a bunch of player models on the ground and see how many it takes to stretch across the field.

With that said, to me vertical gameplay feels equally cramped when comparing to horizontal gameplay so I do still believe that it is player movement and reaction more than player model or field size that needs to be addressed. If I can figure out a way to measure the field width I'll definitely do it though.
I do feel they take probably bigger steps, but the AI knows the play, I remember seeing videos DB's breaking for the ball (like the route) before the WR did...a cut that no DB would make unless they knew the play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #32
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't think a lot of time is carefully spent on the player proportions. At least it doesn't show. Take a Cam Newton for example, maybe somebody here could post a comparison shot. Maybe it's just the super bulky shoulder pads, I dunno just doesn't look right. They either have players that look to big or too small. To solve this issue out the ability to edit player builds back in the game. One thing I've never understood from EA is the constant removal of features from the game. It's my understanding they brought it back this year, but it was broken, smh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »