Home

Honest question for those more

This is a discussion on Honest question for those more within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Honest question for those more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamanutt
I totally get the "yearly" cycle thing to some extent, but I think that this game is what, 8 years old?

That's way more time with "their engine" than some of those bigger games. I've heard it's hardware based, but there is no way with some of the games that are out now.

So it's really EA's engine I guess, so will they build new on next gen or just port & polish? Your opinions?
I feel you OP and the other reasons aside, EA football games will likely be using the Frostbite engine on next gen. So hopefully we will see the level of detail we all want in EA football games at that point.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

I dont really buy the hardware argument seeing as it felt like last gen games had even more stuff packed into them.

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

As others have previously stated, because NCAA Football is made every year. The games you stated are made by people that have multiple years to make those games look/play as good as they do. Though I think it's funny that you put COD up there. That's the NCAA Football of shooters. They put one out every year and it's basically just a polished version of the last one.

Also, football is a pretty intricate game, especially college football. There's 120+ Division I teams. Every single one has a different offense and defense with different play styles and players, etc. There's things in the real game of football that require things you can only (for right now) do in real life. Though the game could certainly be better (the DB glitch is unforgiveable, blocking is horrendous, etc.) but for right now, there's only so much you can do for a football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

The yearly game argument is a bad argument b/c on the flipside, logic should be that this gives them time to fine tune the game. They have a tangible, finished product they can see/play, AND feedback from millions of customers who have the game. The guys who make GTA, Battlefield, etc., yeah they have a couple-few years or so, but it's no different, they are always tweaking and refining their game. And they have no feedback from anyone until it's too late....and they can't just say, "we'll fix that next year", like EA does.

The Show does it, NBA 2K does it for the most part.....those game BUILD on their predecessor. Meanwhile NCAA takes one step forward, and two steps back seemingly every year. Or just baby steps forward when everyone else is making strides

Last edited by stoncold32; 04-21-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #13
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

CM HOOE, excellent breakdown. My only hope is EA makes the right steps going forward so they can build upon a solid foundation. I honestly believe this current gen of NCAA football is just weak in regards to gameplay. Previous gen def lacked graphics, but the player movement and AI seemed so much more real.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #14
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought the OP was talking about graphics, animations and set pieces. Not AI or strategy or anything else. Just how the game "looks."

I don't see how these arguments really answer that. Except the engine post. I can totally buy that. Hopefully next gen's engine really produces a realistic and immersive looking game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »