Home

The Number 1 thing that needs to be fixed in NCAA 14

This is a discussion on The Number 1 thing that needs to be fixed in NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
The Number 1 thing that needs to be fixed in NCAA 14

Out of all the many complaints I have seen related to gameplay, very few people bring this up and I think it is the most important.....fix the rosters!!!

The poor roster ratings screw up this game. I created my own roster(1978) and most gameplay problems are non-existant. I feel the game will absolutely play as its supposed to but the ratings dont allow it, almost as if the game programmers and roster editors dont share any info with each other. If new recruits come in with 40 awareness of course safeties will not cover the deep ball correctly. The players dont feel like they weight if everyones agility and acc are in the high 80's to 90's. Quarterbacks will be too accurate it everyone has high 80's to 90's in power and accuarcy. I see a ton of cool catch animations with low acc and power for the Qb's and low catch ratings with the recievers. Lower hit power and tackling allow many new running animations. I find it hard to complete 60 percent with lower ratings which really makes the run game important. Every dynasty gets stale after several years because the game is overstocked with players in the high 90's but with low awareness, it just becomes arcade mode. The fewer elite players there are, the more they stand out in the game. It doesnt take but a series or two with a good roster to figure out who the elite defenders are because you have to game plan around them. So PLEASE EA, work on the rosters!!!! I like all the equipment upgrades, new presentation, etc, but just look at some of the roster maker threads on here and use them!! Oh, and think about adding throwback uniforms and equipment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Number 1 thing that needs to be fixed in NCAA 14

I agree. If the NCAA team could actually build rosters that are rated well in cooperation with the engine the game would work fabulously. Secondly progression screws up the fixes we make to the roster almost instantly. I wish they could just get rosters right.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

This is a great thread.

The problem is there have been dozens of these types of great threads suggesting lower ratings or better ratings over the years.

Still no action is ever taken by EA so we get flawed gameplay on the field year after year despite these threads year after year.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

This is nothing new no disrespect to the OP, because it is a very valid point. Ppl like Playmakers and Gotmadskilzson have been preaching this for years and I personally have been using edited rosters for 3 years. Part of the problem is EA does not have a dedicated roster guy for NCAA as they do for Madden. Most of the ratings in NCAA are randomized and ppl from EA have admitted this.

With all of this player likeness stuff going on in the courts lately don't expect a change in this matter

Last edited by Sundown2600; 04-23-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Personally I think the #1 thing needing fixed is the CPU offense. The greatest rosters in the world don't matter when the CPU offense is terrible..mainly the spread/option O.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Rosters isn't the nu,ber one thing that needs to be fixed. Year in and year out hpw many players in real life exceeds their potentials...? How does EA know this unless they can predict the future. It's not like we have roster updates or anything...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

good thread, even if its been said before because if things dont get repeated ad nauseam ea will continue to ignore it. the premise is proper ratings balance will enhance gameplay, the lawsuit doesnt really have an effect on their ability to accomplish ratings balance. the question is will ea dedicate the resources to achieve that balance initially and maintain it throughout the life of a dynasty.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #8

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

It would have to be the AI or movement. That goes for both Madden and NCAAF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »