Home

BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Football

This is a discussion on BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #73
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Footb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
2K12 had it. It may have not been officially announced until 3/2 but it was known it would happen sooner than that. I guess the Show couldn't get it in for whatever reason though. I know people were still pissed about it because 2K12 had it.

But whatever, people can be as pissed as they want about it.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-25-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: No Playoffs in NCAA 14

There really is no point buying this.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #75
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Footb

I agree with BA2929, Why wouldn't they just make the top 4 BCS teams in the playoff, and rotate the bowls. It is pretty dumb not to include it. I would even go as far to say it should be locked for the first season of your dynasty, and forced on once the season is complete. I try not to bash EA on here as we have plenty of those guys here on O.S., but this is a huge whiff by EA. What better way to market your game than with a new/better engine and the playoff so many are looking forward to. They will def lose some sales because of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #76
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm not really surprised, and not in an angry sort of way either. MLB 12 didn't have the extra wild card. Obviously the post season format for the NCAA has been known for about a year at least now, but at the same time they have to tread a specific line between reality and appealing to those they are licensing. For the sake of future seasons it's disappointing but I didn't even have this on my list for this game.

Crying foul on this is a bit of an overreaction.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #77
Rookie

reMicXz's Arena

OVR: 2
i honestly didnt expect to see this so im not disappointed. with all the hot water EA is in already over this game im a little glad they didnt go and ruffle any feathers by making up completely fabricated settings and rules of something and put it in a game that shouldnt even have it. gameplay > smoke,mirrors and shiny new toys
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #78
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
So... The big deal is that EA can't make up a fake system for this? They don't even know how the playoff system works and probably don't wanna screw up the current system even farther. Perfectly fine with that logic and not surprised.

When NCAA Football 15 comes, that's when the Playoff system should be judged.

Last edited by MarvinOida; 04-26-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #79
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I said in several posts this year, that there was no chance of them implementing a playoff option, one year before it happens in real life, NO CHANCE, and that people should totally get that idea out of their heads, but it was a mortal lock, that folks were going to have that expectation anyway, and lose their **** when if was announced that it wasn't happening. I'm glad that they gave up the info in April so that the meltdowns on this issue can be gotten out of the way, and those people who have decided not to buy the game can move on to something else(yeah right, not happening )

My guess is, no draft class importing is the next rage inducing announcement.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 2
Not surprised at all but disappointed. This will be the big add next year and they will enhance the ultimate team crap. There are your big announcements for NCAA 2015.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »