Home

does the pitch really matter in recruiting

This is a discussion on does the pitch really matter in recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2003, 04:51 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
does the pitch really matter in recruiting

when recruiting, does having the proper pitch really matter?

i just started a dynasty with colorado state and my new technique is to sim the first season so that everything plays out the way the ea thought it would then embark on my journey. csu went 10-2 and lost in the bowl game. i was offered a 3-year extension and took it. but, that's neither here nor there.

in recruiting, for the first couple weeks i was trying to find the right pitch but for the last 3 weeks i said screw it. i would read the reports on guys that went elsewhere and for some of them it would say something like, 'he wasn't concerned with location so he signed elsewhere'. that made me think that i should follow through with adjusting the pitches but, i didn't. i ended up signing 18 guys and having the #18 recruiting class.

so, again, my question is was this just luck and does the pitch really even matter?

that's actually 2 questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: does the pitch really matter in recruiting

A tough one. I really don't know the answer. I'm in 2009 with OSU and I had a line on a 5 star RB Recruit who LOVED OSU during thr 5 week recruiting. Max interest, all the right pitches, etc. He was also being recruited by Penn State, who is owned by another human in a multi-player Dynasty. Penn State had the wrong pitch, lower interest, you name it.

Signing day rolls around and he's a Nittany Lion. So ya got me.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
We are...

psufan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
A tough one. I really don't know the answer. I'm in 2009 with OSU and I had a line on a 5 star RB Recruit who LOVED OSU during thr 5 week recruiting. Max interest, all the right pitches, etc. He was also being recruited by Penn State, who is owned by another human in a multi-player Dynasty. Penn State had the wrong pitch, lower interest, you name it.

Signing day rolls around and he's a Nittany Lion. So ya got me.

He'd rather follow in Austin Scott's footsteps rather than Maurice Clarett
Old 12-04-2003, 08:26 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

who's austin scott?
Old 12-04-2003, 08:57 PM   #5
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

NoleFan said:
who's austin scott?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I have actually heard of Austin Scott, but considering how sad PSU football was this year, I wouldn't expect most people to know who he is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

The pitch is CRUCIAL!

If your team is the players' top priority and you spend less points than the next team, the pitch will make the difference.

I've pitched location to a player who obviously didn't like my location but, since I figured out his top priority, I won him over by spending max points on the right pitch.

On the other hand, I've had players who listed my school as their top choice but since I didn't spend many points and I got the wrong pitch 3 times in a row, they signed elsewhere. Sometimes it hits you right out of the blue; For 3 weeks you're his top team and then BAM he goes somewhere else because you fiddled around with all the wrong pitches and didn't spend enough points on him.

If you're his first priority and you spend max points for 1 or 2 weeks, then the pitch usually doesn't matter but then that's not a frugal way to use your points recruiting
Old 12-06-2003, 07:16 PM   #7
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

If you pick the wrong one, it can really hurt you. I tried to pitch based on playing time once, and was told that I actually scared the prospect about his chances of playing soon. If I remember correctly it was a WR, and since I have several good WR's (I pass a lot on offense and routinely use 5 receivers over the course of a game), he was worried about seeing time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »