Home

Tips on running FSU's multiple offense

This is a discussion on Tips on running FSU's multiple offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tips on running FSU's multiple offense

I'm going to start an off-line dynasty using the Seminoles, and I would like some tips on utilizing their style of multiple offense, and get some knowledge on how exactly do they run it. What formations they mostly use, how often they use them, and what plays do they typically run? I'd also like to know what type of players should I recruit for their system?

Also does anyone have any tips on implementing a bit of the 'ol school FSU "fast break" offense?

P.S. This is about their defense, does FSU play mostly zone coverage or man-to man? Thanks to all that respond!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tips on running FSU's multiple offense

Big FSU fan here. I can tell you on offense they never establish anything, spread the ball around to every one, use tons of sub packages and formations but run the same route combos out of them. On defense they did play lots of zone with no blitz but Jeremy Pruitt will run multiple with Christian jones at jack. Much more of an Alabama type of defensive set.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Finren84's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tips on running FSU's multiple offense

On offense use a lot of different formations. Shotguns with 2 HB next to the qb. The run a lot of off tackle and zone runs off that formations. They kill a lot of people with play action from the same set. also run from the power I using both off tackle and dive. Sprinkle play action. Run shot gun with trips formations and don't forget the TE as they are big end zone threats.

Under stoops, they played a lot of zone coverage. A lot of cover 2 and cover 3 and press. 2 man under was used. They also played a lot of nickel as they had good tacklers regardless of position. Under Pruitt, you will use the multiple playbook as he will sprinkle both 4-3 and 3-4 formation. Will play more man coverage. Also sprinkle in lb blitzs and fire zones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »