Home

It's time for "jump the snap" to die.

This is a discussion on It's time for "jump the snap" to die. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: It's time for "jump the snap" to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Isnt it a part of season showdown or something? if it is and season showdown is gone, maybe itll be gone too
It was implemented well before Season Showdown was.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
That's the easiest of all gameplan options to counter.

I play online a ton every year an if someone is doing it you can draw them offsides until they quit
Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

OVR: 2

oddly enough, I actually dont mind it now. I almost always user control the LE unless its a scenario where I need to key on a specific player.

on the older games and on PS2, it was far too easy to use JTS and just shove over offensive lineman and sack the QB.

since Ive been using new sliders and Heisman difficulty, I actually enjoy using it. granted its not working everytime, not even close, probably 1 or 2 out of every 12 or 15 times will my player actually beat the offensive lineman. but then you're lucky if its a longer dropback pass. it's bitten me in butt quite a bit too, where the o-line will push them down or get a solid block on them. overall Im happy with it (using the new Heisman sliders). I previously had single lineman getting 20+ sacks a season, an on one occasion 33 sacks, and my starting front 4 all in double digits. now I have an impact DE getting 14-17 user controlled sacks, while the rest of starting DL together may total his numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I prefer JTS as well, but mainly as a bandaid. I don't use it myself in my offline and it's banned in my OD, but I love having the CPU use it. It's about the only way that they seem to be able to get pressure on me. If there was better line interaction in the game, then I'd like it gone, but with things the way they are now, I prefer having JTS in the game and I like that the CPU always has this on aggressive because they need it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

In my personal experience it is overpowered. I agree that the game would be better off without it. I tested it in an OD user game with a buddy. On 30 snaps the d-line got the jump 18 times and was only drawn offsides once. On top of that, the o-line jumped 4 times in that span. Not much of a counter.

Gameplanning is cheesy IMO. It is a realistic concept that is implemented unrealistically. I don't think you should "have your cake and eat it too." You shouldn't be able to put on aggressive big hits, stripping, and JTS the whole game and maybe get one flag or have a couple extra misses tackles, if any at all. It should be high risk high reward, you should get burned on it far more often, only using it in certain high pressure situations. It's a gamble. Plus, I personally think it makes ratings somewhat irrelevant. I just think the whole deal is executed poorly. I like that Madden doesn't have it at all even though NCAA is my main game.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
MVP

i think the madden crowd would revolt
Old 05-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Like I said its a easy counter but I agree if they or you do use it, an you jump the snap your D-line becomes a unstoppable force to the Qb even if a Rb tries to help block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
That is all.
i always hated this feature. all gameplan settings are awfull. I wish they were able to set them off. hate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »