Home

Yes or no: will NCAA make the jump to next gen consoles?

This is a discussion on Yes or no: will NCAA make the jump to next gen consoles? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Yes or no: will NCAA make the jump to next gen consoles?

I believe it'll be on next gen. Any official ruling from this lawsuit will probably take years and years to actually come to fruition due to all the appeals and other things that will hang it up.

I expect it to be on the PS4/NeXBox.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I believe it'll be on next gen. Any official ruling from this lawsuit will probably take years and years to actually come to fruition due to all the appeals and other things that will hang it up.

I expect it to be on the PS4/NeXBox.

I agree. Pasta Padre reported last week that the trial is not scheduled to begin until June 2014. You have to imagine that means there won't be any disruption to the development and release of NCAA 15, and even if EA loses the lawsuit there's probably a good chance they could receive an injunction that would allow them to continue making the game until an appeal is complete. I fully expect to see NCAA 15 on next gen; hopefully we'll get enough releases on next gen to see improvements from year to year if the worst happens and the series ultimately ends up getting shelved.

Here's the link to the article from last week: http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/05/04...keness-lawsuit
Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Thinking positively, if all the lawsuit rules is that EA can no longer provide semi-accurate rosters, the incentive might be to create a more compelling product that overcomes the loss of such a feature.

I believe the game still sells over a million copies each year across both consoles. That's probably not revenue EA would just cut out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Thinking positively, if all the lawsuit rules is that EA can no longer provide semi-accurate rosters, the incentive might be to create a more compelling product that overcomes the loss of such a feature.

I believe the game still sells over a million copies each year across both consoles. That's probably not revenue EA would just cut out.
Saying it does how will teams be rated? Will the players just all be random an people who play online will just have to deal with it?

Sure you can edit stuff but again it ruins online matches an would ruin it for people who couldn't get online an get updated rosters an such

Last edited by Swamp Swagger; 05-08-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Saying it does how will teams be rated an how? Will the players just all be random an people who play online will just have to deal with it?

Sure you can edit stuff but again it ruins online matches an would ruin it for people who couldn't get online an get updated rosters an such
Someone would have to eat the bullet, and it would be this group of gamers. Unfortunate, but I fully believe that the franchise will go on
Old 05-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

They likely won't stop making it until it stops making them money. I'm not sure I see that happening any time soon, lawsuit or not.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Saying it does how will teams be rated? Will the players just all be random an people who play online will just have to deal with it?

I would imagine, if the ruling goes against them and they decide to continue the series, they would simply decide a team's rating based on how good they are supposed to be that coming season, and then just randomize the player ratings so that they work out to those Offense, Defense, Overall team ratings.

Kind of like in FIFA's Creation Centre. You can simply say "Make this created player 86 OVR" and the computer will randomize the attributes so that they work out to an 86 OVR. Their roster guy will probably just say, "OK their defense is a B+, so let's give them 2 starters in the 90s, 4 guys in the 80s, and 5 guys in the 70s" and then just randomize the attributes (and appearances) of each player along these guidelines.

Which really would be a downer for online gamers, but would allow the series to continue (given they don't have to take roster sharing and/or player editing out too).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I would imagine, if the ruling goes against them and they decide to continue the series, they would simply decide a team's rating based on how good they are supposed to be that coming season, and then just randomize the player ratings so that they work out to those Offense, Defense, Overall team ratings.

Kind of like in FIFA's Creation Centre. You can simply say "Make this created player 86 OVR" and the computer will randomize the attributes so that they work out to an 86 OVR. Their roster guy will probably just say, "OK their defense is a B+, so let's give them 2 starters in the 90s, 4 guys in the 80s, and 5 guys in the 70s" and then just randomize the attributes (and appearances) of each player along these guidelines.

Which really would be a downer for online gamers, but would allow the series to continue (given they don't have to take roster sharing and/or player editing out too).
That would not be ideal but I would take it in a heartbeat if that's the only way the series would continue.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »