Home

Asthetics that need addressed for 2014!

This is a discussion on Asthetics that need addressed for 2014! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Asthetics that need addressed for 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
Cut them some slack.

What would you rather see? Better animations or new facemasks? \
why does it need to be one or the other? Especially when neither of those things are related. Animations aren't done by the same people working on things like facemasks.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you don't have any idea how much the NCAA Football franchise brings in and you also probably have no idea how much it costs to add in assets. You most certainly have no grasp of the fact that a disc can only fit a certain amount of assets onto it. The point being made here is that you gain in other areas while losing out on some of the less important things (such as equipment).

One could argue that the equipment could be done as DLC, but I don't think you would be happy with EA charging you for the equipment (feel free to correct me here if you're willing to pay). Given the sheer number of mix-and-match equipment options out there for a player to use (I'm talking real life here) it's quite amazing that they have so many as it currently is; and it only gets more amazing when you realize how large characters, animation data, skeleton data, physics data, stadium data, player data, team data, coach data, etc. really are in their final state.
EA doesn't release sales records so I know that you have no idea what their sales figures are also. EA however has had self reported increase of sales the last three years. What I do know is that this company has 4.1 billion in Revenue, 35 million in operating income, 76 million in net income, and 5.4 billion in total assets with 302 million shares being traded on the stock market @ $23.35 at the bell today. Profitable Company which has won the "worst company" the last two years.

I do also understand and so far have yet to comprehend why this NCAA series wastes data space on features which only apply to a small market (Heisman Challenge, Play a Season, and Ultimate Team) while also having to pay players to include them in the game if they are no longer included in the NFLPA. More wasted money that could go a long way to making the game more authentic to actual college football. The aforementioned examples in my previous post (led ribbon boards...) of how that data space could be used to make a more appealing, more authentic college football game. Just want an authentic college football game that is all, $60 should buy that but you could correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by aksarben21; 05-30-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
why does it need to be one or the other? Especially when neither of those things are related. Animations aren't done by the same people working on things like facemasks.
More animations means more disc assets. More disc assets means existing assets have to go. So if they add new foot-planting animations to make use of the Infinity engine, you should expect to see something give that disc space to the animation library.

I'm sorry if I was unclear as to what I meant. I do games for a living and sometimes forget that not everyone gets what I'm talking about Don't get me wrong, though. I'd love to see more equipment in the game, I just understand why the choose to not spend manpower on something only a very small subset of users really care about.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #20
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
More animations means more disc assets. More disc assets means existing assets have to go. So if they add new foot-planting animations to make use of the Infinity engine, you should expect to see something give that disc space to the animation library.

I'm sorry if I was unclear as to what I meant. I do games for a living and sometimes forget that not everyone gets what I'm talking about Don't get me wrong, though. I'd love to see more equipment in the game, I just understand why the choose to not spend manpower on something only a very small subset of users really care about.
And them adding new gloves makes this whole post irrelevant because it proves your point wrong.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #21
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
And them adding new gloves makes this whole post irrelevant because it proves your point wrong.
No, it does not. Just because they added a few assets for gloves doesn't mean they didn't remove assets elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksarben21
You're correct that they don't release sales figures, and that EA was voted "Worst Company" by a bunch of people on the internet (which, btw, is completely ridiculous. Do you REALLY think a GAME company is worse than a bank who literally takes the roofs from over peoples' heads?)

As for the whole "wastes data space on features which only apply to a small market" I can tell you that you're quite incorrect in your assumption that the majority of the NCAA Football market thinks the way you do. I'm not talking the vocal minority who visit sports gaming websites, either. I'm talking the hundreds of thousands of people who buy the game, play it, and just enjoy it as it stands. I know for a fact that one those modes you mentioned were extremely well utilized by the user-base (as the other two haven't been released yet). If we go off of Madden and FIFA's historical successes with UT I'd say it's a pretty safe bet to think it'll get quite the use this year if it doesn't suck.

Last edited by Neverwhere; 05-30-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #22
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

Really dont understand people's fascinations with these things.. There are so many things needing improved in both football games regarding signing day, how players commit, RTG, broadcasting, crowd behavior, etc.. And people complain about a players face mask? Does it really matter? The only time you ever really see it is when you go to edit him..
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #23
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkwreck
Really dont understand people's fascinations with these things.. There are so many things needing improved in both football games regarding signing day, how players commit, RTG, broadcasting, crowd behavior, etc.. And people complain about a players face mask? Does it really matter? The only time you ever really see it is when you go to edit him..
What's important to you might not be important to someone else and vise versa. Some people enjoy taking the time to make sure equipment is accurate and authentic. You may look at it as, "who cares because you only see it on replays if you even notice it there" while someone who does enjoy equipment does notice it. If this stuff didn't matter then why not just put plain generic uniforms on every team? Who cares right?

Crowd behavior you listed as something more important but to some of the equipment guys crowd behavior might be a minor thing. If it's not your thing, don't worry about it.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

Quote:
What's important to you might not be important to someone else and vise versa. Some people enjoy taking the time to make sure equipment is accurate and authentic. You may look at it as, "who cares because you only see it on replays if you even notice it there" while someone who does enjoy equipment does notice it. If this stuff didn't matter then why not just put plain generic uniforms on every team? Who cares right?

Crowd behavior you listed as something more important but to some of the equipment guys crowd behavior might be a minor thing. If it's not your thing, don't worry about it.
Unless your playing the game with a magnifying glass you will not notice any facemask bar difference. Helmet yes but wanting this or that bar instead of something that makes the game realistic is stupid. An additional face mask bar is not going to get people to buy the game. So many things need to be added just to add realism before we worry about facemask bars.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »