Home

Bring back FCS Division 1-AA Teams

This is a discussion on Bring back FCS Division 1-AA Teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2013, 03:30 AM   #41
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Bring back FCS Division 1-AA Teams

Honestly i would just be fine with having a mode that lets you replay the FCS playoffs from the previous year, kinda like madden has with madden moments. It wouldnt be as many teams to add for them haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #42
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
But the bigger issue is that you can only unpload 12 TB teams into your dynasty so you'd be playing at most 12 FCS schools vs 114 FBS schools unless I've missed something.
thats right. I was hoping someday they will allow us to fill in all the teams with teambuilder schools...but in reality they probably wont, because what would be the point of having the NCAA license at that point?

Which brings me to my next point. I would love it if EA made a football game with no teams, no leagues, and no regulations. Just the core gameplay of the ea sports franchises. You would import all of your teams from teambuiler and just build your own league with however many teams and conferences you want. There is other stuff that would go into it, like are you running a high school league where you dont choose who comes to play for you, or are you running a pro league where you draft guys and they stay as long as they want, but I wont get into that on this thread!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #43
Banned

mailman2's Arena

Quote:
But the bigger issue is that you can only unpload 12 TB teams into your dynasty so you'd be playing at most 12 FCS schools vs 114 FBS schools unless I've missed something.
Yeah my dream is for these two things to happen so I can be a happy gamer.

1) Allow us to replace ALL 126 teams in Dynasty with TB teams.

2) Allow us to replace any non-conference opponent with a TB in dynasty mode.

If those two things happened, I would literally have no problem with FCS teams not being in. AFAIK, there is absolutely no issue of disk space, because we can ALREADY download that many FCS teams.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #44
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
Which brings me to my next point. I would love it if EA made a football game with no teams, no leagues, and no regulations. Just the core gameplay of the ea sports franchises. You would import all of your teams from teambuiler and just build your own league with however many teams and conferences you want. There is other stuff that would go into it, like are you running a high school league where you dont choose who comes to play for you, or are you running a pro league where you draft guys and they stay as long as they want, but I wont get into that on this thread!
That is actually a pretty cool idea.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 05-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #45
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Quote:
That is actually a pretty cool idea.
Thank you! Maybe we should get a petition going, eh? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #46
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
There is absolutely no way that this would make any money. Sure there are some hardcore guys out there (probably quite a few on these boards) that'd buy and play this, but the vast majority (I'm sure we're talking in the 90+ % range) of NCAA's buyers would not buy an unlicensed college football game that didn't have their favorite teams (or even teams that they recognized).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #47
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
There is absolutely no way that this would make any money. Sure there are some hardcore guys out there (probably quite a few on these boards) that'd buy and play this, but the vast majority (I'm sure we're talking in the 90+ % range) of NCAA's buyers would not buy an unlicensed college football game that didn't have their favorite teams (or even teams that they recognized).
I think it would work, but it wouldn't work as a full-fledged game. It would have to be a $10 XBLA/PSN exclusive type deal, kind of like NFL Blitz.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #48
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

They could go the Indiegogo or Kickstarter route like other big companies have done (movie studios turning to crowd sourcing to help fund risky projects, etc). I'd drop $60-$100 into crowd sourcing a fully customizable/editable game.

We've kind of gotten off topic a bit. I'd also like to see, and hope this is included in the dynasty reveal, EA allow us to schedule FCS/TB teams even if they aren't in our dynasty or allow us to replace all schools in a dynasty not just 12. Actually, I'd rather add teams and not have to take any out.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 05-21-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »