Home

Zone blitz and 5-2 defense

This is a discussion on Zone blitz and 5-2 defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Zone blitz and 5-2 defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Those are all easy to beat if the user has a football mind and adjusts. If he wants to run slants and curls all game then your game plan can work. To each their own.
If you think that zones cannot be used on NCAA 13 than you clearly aren't running them right. You have to mix them in correctly. Zone blitzes can create tons of interceptions. All zone blitzes will have holes, but the key is to cover the areas that you think your opponent is attacking and letting the pressure sack him before he realizes where the opening is. If he tries to force it, interceptions come in bunches.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #10
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockOchoGOAT
If you think that zones cannot be used on NCAA 13 than you clearly aren't running them right. You have to mix them in correctly. Zone blitzes can create tons of interceptions. All zone blitzes will have holes, but the key is to cover the areas that you think your opponent is attacking and letting the pressure sack him before he realizes where the opening is. If he tries to force it, interceptions come in bunches.
That is not what I was trying to say. I use them to throw in an adjustment but I press with the CBs because if not the curl is open all day long.

The real key to any defense against a good user is to audible/hot route players to keep them thinking. I have a user that abuses a five wide play where the WR goes to the sideline until he steps up in the pocket and then the WR flys across the field wide open. After getting beat by it I dropped the DE into a hook zone and got the INT to secure the NC win.

It all comes down to your play style. Some of those zone plays he posted I used a boat load of times in 12.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:58 AM   #11
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

For most users on NCAA 13, Running Zone causes you to think to much. Man 2 and cover 1 man is the easy way out because the cpu does all the work for you.

Just like Jello was saying, if you know how to mix it up. disguise zone to look like man and so on, you will have success. this game is predicated on offense and is proven to be based on the added features to this game for the offense. you are going to be scored on. the age of 3 yards and a cloud of dust are over with. spread offenses have taken over and that makes it tough to stop a team. you have to slow them down.

Learn zone concepts and learn your opponents personnel. Ratings actually matter in this game if you know what to look for.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »