Home

Re-Do How Transfers are Handled

This is a discussion on Re-Do How Transfers are Handled within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
Banned

BannedNinja's Arena

OVR: 0
I like all of these ideas. Chances of tgem being implemented anytime soon, probably zero, though I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Re-Do How Transfers are Handled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I just found the bold part funny.
"Sorry coach Saban, but I feel like you've just won too many national championships. I'm gonna go try out that new dude that just signed on with UAB."
I think it's more of "You're too old" or something like that. That doesn't really apply to Satan, I mean Saban, but I know there's players out there who would rather play for Kliff Kingsbury than Mack Brown. I would. And Brown has a national championship and conference championships and BCS bowl wins vs. Kingsbury, who is in his first year as a head coach ever.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
Rookie

Lawdawg25's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormisbruin
I think it's more of "You're too old" or something like that. That doesn't really apply to Satan, I mean Saban, but I know there's players out there who would rather play for Kliff Kingsbury than Mack Brown. I would. And Brown has a national championship and conference championships and BCS bowl wins vs. Kingsbury, who is in his first year as a head coach ever.
Storm has a point. Some players want to play for a coach who is young and "cool." Sometimes younger coaches are more friendly and relaxed as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
Rookie

Moses06's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Should have this same process repeated too after cut players, and be able to recruit the players cut from other teams, then after that have a final roster cut.
I agree and think we should be able to recruit cut players as well. I believe they should lump transfers and cut players into the same pool and have a 2 week recruiting period, immediately after the normal recruiting period/signing day, using a lot of the ideas from the OP. Would allow the ability to fill holes on your roster after signing day, and thoroughly replenish the transfer pool in general, without it being too easy to snag the best transfers (only if you have open slots on your roster).
Old 05-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses06
I agree and think we should be able to recruit cut players as well. I believe they should lump transfers and cut players into the same pool and have a 2 week recruiting period, immediately after the normal recruiting period/signing day, using a lot of the ideas from the OP. Would allow the ability to fill holes on your roster after signing day, and thoroughly replenish the transfer pool in general, without it being too easy to snag the best transfers (only if you have open slots on your roster).
I think rather than a separate recruiting period maybe 3 or so hours per week could be dedicated solely to transfers/cut players during the off-season recruiting (So you would have 13 hours 10 for High School Players 3 for Transfers).
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Unfortunately I don't believe the part about the players disagreeing with the coach and transferring will ever be added - for similar reasoning as EA Sports getting rid of player discipline. Its an ugly part of college football. This game is practically an advertisement for the NCAA football and I don't think theres any way that the NCAA would sit there and say 'yea lets further bring to light the issue of players transferring because they don't get along with the coach'. I think they keep player transfers simple because they don't want to get into those kind of details because it might make the NCAA football look bad.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Unfortunately I don't believe the part about the players disagreeing with the coach and transferring will ever be added - for similar reasoning as EA Sports getting rid of player discipline. Its an ugly part of college football. This game is practically an advertisement for the NCAA football and I don't think theres any way that the NCAA would sit there and say 'yea lets further bring to light the issue of players transferring because they don't get along with the coach'. I think they keep player transfers simple because they don't want to get into those kind of details because it might make the NCAA football look bad.
Unfortunately, you are 100% correct. The NCAA tries to mask the reality by being politically correct and yet all of us know the truth. Every year players get suspended or even kicked off of teams because of their own immaturity and/or stupidity and yet we can't have that in the game because the NCAA doesn't want to look bad... {SMH}

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
1- Players who want to leave your team inform you, and list one of four reasons (Playing Time, Close to Home, Clash with Coaches, Dislike School) for leaving. You can try to get them to stay, but it's unlikely they will change their mind.
This is exactly what happens now in 13...

Quote:
2- Permission. I believe the NCAA allows other coaches to contact transfers if the school gives permission. Unless the transfer is from a rival or in-conference opponent, this is granted automatically simply to speed this up.
A) I don't even know if this is right. B) It sounds like a major pain in the *** to go through every team looking for people to transfer to your school.

Quote:
3- Recruiting. You have 3 hours/week to land transfers during the 5 weeks of post-season recruiting. Recruiting transfers is similar to regular recruiting, except you know a few of their pitches.
Again, this is exactly how this happens in '13. When you try to talk a guy to stay, it takes recruiting time from Week 1 of off-season recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »