Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2003, 05:14 PM   #9
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official Whishlist Thread...

-In game saves
-Offensive,defensive coordinators,LB,RB,DB,QB coaches.
-Better game planning(more than just 73% run and 27% pass.)
-Less schools available when you looking for a new job or get fired.There should be only 3-5 job offers.
-please please fix the stadiums!Martin Stadium home of the Cougs is a small stadium that is preety lose to the field.But in the game the crowd is like 50 feet away from the sidelines.Same with doak and Camp Randall.
-more sports illustrated features like coaching changes.
-college gameday
-rotating conference scheds(Big 12 Big 10 and SEC especially!)
-Put in some new collge classics
-ability to practice with your players in the dynasty mode

Old 12-08-2003, 05:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
-Fix the CPU PLAYCALLING TO RUN THE DAMN BALL MORE OFTEN. Ahem. Less carries for fullbacks and more for tailbacks, too.

Man, how could I forget this one. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with the game. The running game as a whole needs to be looked at. Yes, the CPU definitely needs to run more (this is college ball after all), but I would like to see better running lanes open up in the line. Right now, playing on Heisman difficulty, holes do appear, but quickly become a jumbled mess because of the CPU's "hyper-aware" defenders. The result: 2 yards of forward progress, then "mario running." Better OLinemen should "finish off" they're run blocking more, and pull blockers need to be smarter in picking the defenders they engage. ESPN Football does these things nicely.

I also like the errant pass idea. I'd pay an extra $10 for next year's game to see some over/underthrown balls by both the CPU and player based on the QB's awareness. There should be a penalty for me choosing the A+/A+ QB with a Cannon/Pinpoint arm and 2.05 GPA over the QB with a B-/B arm and a 3.05 GPA. Right now, there is no penalty.

File this one in the "not likely to happen wish" drawer: Playcalling tendencies and playbooks that are based on the coach, and not the school. In other words, the hot shot, mid-major coach and his spread offense accepts the open position at Notre Dame, and bring his high-powered attack with him. This would make scouting upcoming teams more important, because you could no longer look at your schedule, see Colorado, and automatically assume a concentration on run defense. However, this whole thing would depend on CPU coaching changes, which is an entirely different wish...

Create-a-school logos. How about giving us the ability to combine existing logos to make new ones?

Can we make reverses and end-arounds a little more effective (without breaking AI logic elsewhere)?

Borrow a little from the Playmaker controls in Madden and give us the ability to flip a run play's direction without changing the formation.

Definitely need the slant/fade routes added to the "Hot Route" lineup.

Better penalty logic. If it wasn't for Face Mask, Offensive Holding/Clipping, and False Start, there would be none at all.

Serious "wishlist" item for this game: ESPN Football's audible system (5 audibles PER FORMATION).
Old 12-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #11
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

The reason you won't see coaches take playbooks with them is this. In real life, Colorado would never hire the coach from Texas Tech because of two reasons. 1) That's not Colorado football. You're not going to see the Buffalos, or Nebraska, or any other school that's been running the option since Day 1 suddenly switch to a spread formation. Alumni would go ballistic, fans would be pissed, etc. 2) You're automatically writing off a couple of seasons until you can get the right personnel in there to pull off a new offensive system. No way could Nebraska or Colorado switch to the spread next year and be successful because they don't have the QB or the WR's to pull it off (and you'd have to teach their offensive linemen to learn how to block because they don't do it that often ). After a couple of years recruiting for this system you could make it work, but now your team is in the dumps and recruits are going to be less willing to come play for you.

I love the idea, it just isn't practical in real life or in the game. Not saying you don't have schools switch systems, but for the most part you don't see it, especially not in the Colorado example you used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2003, 11:54 PM   #12
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

1. Roster size. 65 would be great, but we'd never complain about having more.

2. Get rid of the quotas for each position. I can understand having 2 QBs and a few other positions, but I've got no use for 2 FBs or 3 MLBs.

3. Medical redshirts

4. Allow for actual position changes without the ratings penalty. This also helps to fix the quota problem. i.e. recruiting 4 rbs and making 2 of them cbs instead of recruiting 2 sorry cbs.

5. Fix the conference schedule rotations.

6. Allow for coach contacts with offering a scholarship so we don't wind up having no interested players at a position when the top targets get taken by other schools late in the recruiting process.

7. Conference prestige. UNT, Fresno, Kent, et al should have a nearly impossible time getting to 5 or 6 star ratings. It may happen to these schools because they get 10 wins very easily because of their large in-state recruiting bases, but the ease of raising or lowering a teams prestige is too easy. UF, FSU, VT fall to 3 stars within 2 years because they lose 3-4 games each year. LSU dropped to 2 stars after the 1st year of my dyansty.

8. Assign 1-AA schools one of the generic playbooks. It makes me crazy when I schedule an option oriented 1-AA team and you see their playbook is run and gun.

9. More kick blocks, especially on FG/XP

10. Fix the FB/RB carry ratio. The FB gets way too many carries in the CPU offense.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:48 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 17

I think SteelerForLife touched on some important points, I will reiterate some of those:

-suction blocking needs to get eliminated, nuff said.

-presteige shouldn't fluctuate so quickly. It should take years to bring a team with like 2 stars up to 6 stars.

-improve recruiting, maybe add more recruits, but it's kinda tough to have states with no prospects at certain positions. Make the pitch mean something, if i pitch playing time and the recruit says it doesnt matter, and if i keep pitching p.t. then he should drop me from his list.

-Freshmen recruits are too darn good. I understand you have your impact freshman every now and then, but this game makes it just insane. top freshmen in real life, often don't contribute until their soph or junior year. Why are soo many incoming freshmen better than 3 or 4 year starters on my current team. I friend of mine recruited a LB at UCLA that was like 6'5'' 240lbs and 87 speed!!!! this is just a freak of nature. Also, most of the highly rated frosh, have insane speed. On the average, upperclassmen should be better than frosh.

-maybe mix up the play call screen. This is mainly for 2 player mode, I know you try not to look at plays, and I know you can bluff, but why are all of the zone plays in the same window, and all the blitzes are pretty much in the same window. If im picking my play and someone isn't trying to look, but can't help to notice all that yellow, then he'll know im zoning up.

-have the defense play more aggressive zone. A guy in zone, should cover a receiver in his area like it's man and then pass him off to the next man behind him, not just sit in his assigned exact spot while someone is near them.

-better safety play on the deep ball, I know db play has greatly improved and I love it, but i still notice sometimes on deep balls I try to get the safety into the circle were the ball is going to land and I end up whiffing the ball, and the WR going for a td. I guess sometimes the circle can be wrong.

-Momentum should account the same for both offense and defense. I hate when im chasing a guy and he all of a sudden defies physics, by stopping and doing a 360 spin on the same leg and take off again at near full speed. The ball handler sometimes can do too many gravity defying cuts without having to worry about momentum while the defender gets his ankles broken.

-QB's should have to throw from the pocket. I think this directly relates to suction blocking, but qb's can still drop back like 15-20 yards and pretty much rollout outside of the hashes to either side and make an accurate throw. Especially in 2 player mode. I know you can get some good pressure on the qb sometime, but he should have no more than 3-4 secs on the avg to release the ball, even with a normal 4 man rush. DE's still don't get up the field and too often get engaged in blocks by the tackle at the LOS.

-goalline situations right now are extremely fake. too many times on 3rd and 4th and short you can just run goalline formation, hb iso and get more than enough for the 1st. You can also get into the end zone from the 1 wayyy to easy against a stacked defense, untouched. this is a huge problem IMO

-more pressure on punts and kicks!!!!

-fumbled snaps in wet conditions.

-impact blocks on returns or big plays

-crowd is great, but after the home team makes a huge play against a rival or in a big game, it gets back to normal. If Chris Perry breaks a 40 yard run, into Ohio St territory in the big house, the crowd should be going nuts for at least a couple minutes after the play.

-rotating conference schedules

-teams with slow unathletic QB's call way too many QB Draws. I played Ole Miss and Manning called his own number like 7 or 8 different times, i kid you not.

-More designed QB runs for teams with fast athletic qb's.

-option pitch, shouldn't be so accurate, especially pitching at the last second while getting creamed should be a fumble.

-The QB seems to gain accuracy when he is hit as the ball is released, these type passes should rarely be completed and they are completed on avg in this game. Yes they do float sometimes, but right to the WR(which sucks the life outta you if you are getting good hits on the qb). He should throw an errant ball, a pick, or fumble.

-if a punt returner catches the ball and immediately gets nailed, he should fumble at least 4 out of 9 times.

-maybe a spring scrimmage to get a look at what your new and improved players can do.

-ability to convert certain players from one position to another(like how FSU converted Anquan Boldin from QB to WR, or maybe quick athletic QB that isn't a great thrower could be converted into a Wr or RB) B/c I notice sometimes a player might be rated higher in another positoin other than wht he's listed, mostly with LB's playing middle or outside though.

-Retool the running game. there is too much getting stuck on your blockers when running inside and the defense is usually all over tosses or sweeps to the outside.

-dynasty is deep, but could be deeper with retooled recruiting, it should really get intense when competing over a prize recruit with a rival.

-
Old 12-09-2003, 11:16 AM   #14
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

I would like to see (in no particular order, just as I think of them):

- Accelerated Clock
- Timeouts used by the CPU BEFORE the end of the half. Say the playclock is running down and the CPU would call a TO.
- Fix the SF Bowl stadium (I think it is Safeco, not Pac Bell)
- More big plays by running backs and from the running game in general
- Have an option to start a dynasty with only a few job offers from smaller schools right off the bat (like ESPN College Hoops had/has)
- More pass interference penalties
- Rotating Conference Schedules
- Blocked kicks/punts

That's all I can think of at the moment...
Old 12-09-2003, 12:11 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

mazhirui said:
The reason you won't see coaches take playbooks with them is this. In real life, Colorado would never hire the coach from Texas Tech because of two reasons. 1) That's not Colorado football. You're not going to see the Buffalos, or Nebraska, or any other school that's been running the option since Day 1 suddenly switch to a spread formation. Alumni would go ballistic, fans would be pissed, etc. 2) You're automatically writing off a couple of seasons until you can get the right personnel in there to pull off a new offensive system. No way could Nebraska or Colorado switch to the spread next year and be successful because they don't have the QB or the WR's to pull it off (and you'd have to teach their offensive linemen to learn how to block because they don't do it that often ). After a couple of years recruiting for this system you could make it work, but now your team is in the dumps and recruits are going to be less willing to come play for you.

I love the idea, it just isn't practical in real life or in the game. Not saying you don't have schools switch systems, but for the most part you don't see it, especially not in the Colorado example you used.

Colorado was a bad example, I realize. Notre Dame's current situation is probably a better illustration. Bob Davies ran the traditional Notre Dame offense: run/option oriented with passing used merely for balance. Tyrone Willingham steps in, coming from the spread offense he used at Stanford. The result: initial success followed by a season of struggling. I agree that these changes wouldn't take place instantly. What I'm looking for is an evolution of teams, so that 20 years into a dynasty, I'm not facing the same teams with the same offense and the same plays in a given conference. Philosophies change over time, coaches move on, teams evolve. I'd like to see this reflected in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2003, 12:44 PM   #16
Rookie

A few more...

Global Tendency Sliders. Similar to what ESPN has for its FB and BB games where if i don't think the CPU is running the ball enough, I can lower the CPU "Run/Pass Tendency" ratio for all CPU-controlled teams at once to favor more run playcalling. Short/Medium/Long pass play tendency sliders would be nice as well, but that would necessitate having more short pass plays in the playbooks, which is another wish for next year.

Recruiting pitches should mean more. As it is now, we basically start with one pitch for a given recruit and then cycle through them subsequent recruiting weeks until we 'hit' the one that gets us a positive response. It's more like a random guessing game than an actual pitch. What would be better is if I pitch "playing time" to a potential QB when I've got 4 QBs returning next year, his interest should drop significantly, instead of essentially staying the same as it does now. Also, add more pitch options for next year.
Maybe:
TV exposure/Crowd size
Academic prestige (for the higher GPA recruits)
Pro Prospects
Climate/Weather
City/Rural school location
etc.
I would love to see recruit pitching be a multi-layered approach, where if a recruit is looking for immediate playing time with a school in a warm weather location, and I pitch playing time in week 1 and then weather in week 2, I get an advantage over a northern school pitching playing time.

Juggled reception animations. I'd like to see receivers juggle SOME passes, whether they are covered/hit or not. This would make the passing game more dynamic by making dropped passes more believeable, opening up the chance for spectacular catches/interceptions, and better illustrate the need for emphasizing catching ability for key players.

Get rid of the "chain gang falling on the sideline" animations. The interaction between players and sideline personnel is a nice touch, but the sight of these guys falling all over themselves everytime a player comes within 5 feet of them grows old after a while (are those guys on skates, or what?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »