Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2003, 02:27 PM   #25
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official Whishlist Thread...

Good call on the Heisman trophy selection Mizzou. I actually won it with a QB, but that's because he had like 38 TD passes, 3400 yards passing, and 800+ yards rushing plus maybe 6-8 rushing TD's. When I threw for 4500 yards and 42 TD's one season, I wasn't even on the list because I had no rushing yards.

PS...is my avatar appearing? It showed up on my computer at home last night, but it doesn't show up today on my computer at work...is it just me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2003, 02:52 PM   #26
Rookie

F3rN's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

1. i dont know if its just me but the CPU should not be going for an onside kick in the 4th quarter when theyre getting blown out with no chance of coming back.

2. post season all star games for seniors just like the game had i think in 2000 or 01

3. different tackling animations like a player getting dragged down by their jersey and said player getting up his pads hanging out then needing help to put it back in.

4. more rsoter space i hate having to cut good players because i need a certain number of FB's or cause i have over 55 players. we all know football teams are around 70+ depending on the size of school.

5. realistic running the game has no notion of momentum you can turn on a dime as if the player was floating in mid air.

6. actuall climate changes like cold weather games when then snow is piling on the field, sidelines and players. also when it rains the field should get nasty and muddy just like in this years FSU- Miami game.

7. team specific entrances like miami coming in through their helmet, clemson coming down the hill, colorado and their buffalo, the boomer sooner and of course cheif osceola coming out leading the seminoles and then throwing down the spear at mid field.

8. fill up the sidelines theyre too empty louder crowds
Old 12-11-2003, 03:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

All these suggestions are really good. The one that is most significant in my opinion (maybe because I'm an avid follower of recruiting), is that you should have the ability to change recruits positions.

On a yearly basis many recruits switch positions. I'll use my Purdue Boilermakers as an example. Every year they bring in highschool QB's that run in the 4.5 (+-.1) range, and WR's. Mainly because their pass happy offense of the last few years attracts more WR's and QB's than anything else. They have converted WR's into LB's. In fact, two of their starting LB's from this year came out of highschool as WR's (Gilbert Gardner and Landon Johnson). Stuart Schweigert also came out of HS as an option QB (that had interest and possibly an offer from Nebraska, I don't remember) and he has really made the most of a position change. They convert other WR's and QB's, who have a better chance of seeing the field at another position rather than the position of their choice, into DB's, TE's, and LB's.

It is a fact that this occurs numerous times each year on every college campus. I think that if EA Sports incorporated it into the preseason options (same screen with redshirting and custom schedules) that it would work well.

When you switch the person's position, it really should hurt their ratings enough to where they wont be able to contribute until around their sophmore year, assuming you redshirt them, unless they are an unbeliveable athlete or just a diamond in the ruff. Also maybe incorporate GPA into how well they learn a new position. If you switch a position of someone who has a low GPA, then they should struggle learning a new position.

Maybe I would be the only fan of this, but I believe this would be another step in the direction of reality and that it would add some more fun to the recruiting phase that is already fun.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:59 PM   #28
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

I will like an option to have playoffs in dynasty mode...
Old 12-11-2003, 04:04 PM   #29
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

- Instead of "Owner Mode" how about "AD Mode" or "College President Mode". Maybe the BCS contract comes up and you can vote on a Playoff or not. Also works for invites to new conferences. Bowl bids can be turned down. Academic ineligible players.

- SI Swimsuit issue!!!

- Everything else that the rest of these guys said
Old 12-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #30
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

mazhirui said:
Good call on the Heisman trophy selection Mizzou. I actually won it with a QB, but that's because he had like 38 TD passes, 3400 yards passing, and 800+ yards rushing plus maybe 6-8 rushing TD's. When I threw for 4500 yards and 42 TD's one season, I wasn't even on the list because I had no rushing yards.

PS...is my avatar appearing? It showed up on my computer at home last night, but it doesn't show up today on my computer at work...is it just me?

It's not displayed on my screen
Old 12-11-2003, 10:51 PM   #31
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks Mizzou...I'll wait until the forums are back to normal. They've been pretty screwy since the update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2003, 11:56 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Purely cosmetic...have people at least spill onto the field but not necessarily tear the goal post down, after big games to include upset, rivalries, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »