Home

EA Sports season ticket PS3

This is a discussion on EA Sports season ticket PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA Sports season ticket PS3

In years past I have done the midnight release for the game, even came in first and third in some of the tourneys they have hosted at my local Gamestop. I am getting older and all of my gaming buddies have moved away and I just dont want to stand in line at midnight anymore.

I have never used the season ticket\pass from EA sports, but it is quite interesting to me. I have quite a bit of PS$ in the store and planned on just downloading the game this year. How does the EA thing work? Do I just sign into the PS3 and order it, then 3 days early I get to buy and download the game? Because I have all of this cash already in the PS store I would rather not whip out the credit card again if I can get away with it.

Also do the stats for RTG get reset on launch day for all of those early players? In the past few years I have taken time off of work when the game came out and managed to get very high in the rankings, I was hoping to do the same this year, but want to plan my days off correctly.

Any help you guys can give me would be awesome. Thanks guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: EA Sports season ticket PS3

Basically the season ticket is like an early rental of the game. Everything you do will save and carry over to the actual release. You will still have to buy the game on release day.

The great part about the season ticket is getting to play every EA sports game for a weekend even if you don't buy the full game.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Rookie

djvio_lator's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Basically the season ticket is like an early rental of the game. Everything you do will save and carry over to the actual release. You will still have to buy the game on release day.

The great part about the season ticket is getting to play every EA sports game for a weekend even if you don't buy the full game.
You get discounts on DLC as well, but the main reason I have it is for the reason above, you get the full version of the game a few days early to try it out.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Mine runs out 1 day before the early release for Ncaa 14. Can I add on to it now or do I have to wait for it to run out?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Thank you guys for the info. So I checked the EA season ticket site and it seems that you can get the game on 6-5 instead of 6-9, due to the weekend. Does this mean at midnight 6-4 to 6-5 I can start the download? Can I download it early and start playing at midnight? Luckily I have the 4th 5th and 8th off, but am wondering if I need to take anymore time off after that. Usually 3-4 days plus the weekend after is enough for me to get up in the rankings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Thank you guys for the info. So I checked the EA season ticket site and it seems that you can get the game on 6-5 instead of 6-9, due to the weekend. Does this mean at midnight 6-4 to 6-5 I can start the download? Can I download it early and start playing at midnight? Luckily I have the 4th 5th and 8th off, but am wondering if I need to take anymore time off after that. Usually 3-4 days plus the weekend after is enough for me to get up in the rankings.
The download will be available at 6PM EST in July 5th.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Ok let me ask this what if my season ticket actually runs out during the early release? Say I download the game then the next day my season pass expires does the game become unplayable?
Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Ok let me ask this what if my season ticket actually runs out during the early release? Say I download the game then the next day my season pass expires does the game become unplayable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Mine runs out 1 day before the early release for Ncaa 14. Can I add on to it now or do I have to wait for it to run out?
Here's how this works:
  • If your Season Ticket runs out before the early release then you must repurchase the Season Ticket before being able to load past the "Press Start" screen. If you don't you'll be informed that you need an active Season Ticket and the game will dead-end.
  • If your Season Ticket runs out during the early release then you will need to boot up either NCAA 13 or any other EA Sports full game and re-purchase the Season Ticket. I suppose that you could also look in the EA Sports Store on your console's dashboard for the item as well, but it's usually easier to find in-game since they have menu options and login prompts for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Any progress you make in the early release will follow you over into the retail game. If you begin the download early it will simply prevent you from progressing past the "Press Start" screen until the early release becomes available. Once the early release has expired you'll be informed of the end of the early release and asked to go purchase the full game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »