Home

NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Virginia Cavaliers (Rain)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Virginia Cavaliers (Rain) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #73
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Virginia Cavaliers (Rain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Rain games would be so much better if it changed up a little. Start out raining and end up just being cloudy by the end of the game or vice versa. And make the crowd look more realistic when it comes to rain games. What I mean by that it.....it usually isn't a sell out and the the ponchos. You see bright colors like yellow, orange, green, etc ponchos throughout the crowd.

It is nit picking....but it gives the rain games a little more. I can't stand playing rain games because they just don't seem realistic.
I don't call this nit picking. I call it wanting a dynamic weather system. Skyrim, F1 2012 and F1 2011 and a host of other games have really nice dynamic weather systems. I've been asking for this for 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Why do you conspiracy theorists keep asking this? The problem from '13 isn't that "white jerseys don't get dirty." It's that "white uniforms don't get dirty."

Yes, the Pitt players are blurry due to the depth of field of the shot.

You know what? All of the Virginia players are wearing white pants (which aren't blurry) so if you wanna look for dirty white uniforms, look at their pants. If EA and their evil selves wanted to cover up their lack of dirty white uniforms (which I'm sure they wanted to do because they're out to get you) then they wouldn't have shown Virginia (who has at least 2 non-white pant color choices) in white pants.
Why is it that just because you see no fault with this series you jump down the throat of everyone else who does? It doesn't matter how outlandish you think the blurry pic claim may have been the issue is this; if it's white it doesn't degrade. Who cares whether it's pants or the jersey. Fix it!

Last edited by Sundown2600; 05-23-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #74
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Virginia Cavaliers (Rain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Why is it that just because you see no fault with this series you jump down the throat of everyone else who does? It doesn't matter how outlandish you think the blurry pic claim may have been the issue is this; if it's white it doesn't degrade. Who cares whether it's pants or the jersey. Fix it!
Firstly, I think there are lots and lots of faults with the game. Secondly, you completely missed my point (which I don't understand because you seem to have completely understood it). You just said yourself "if it's white it doesn't degrade. Who cares whether it's pants or the jersey" which is exactly the point I was making. If you want to know whether or not white uniforms degrade in '14, it doesn't matter whether it's pants or the jersey, you can look at either to see if they degrade. My point is that there are a lot of white pants in this photo that are not blurry so look at those to see if white uniforms are degrading.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 05-23-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 8

No it's not, it's NCAA 13.

Prove me wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #76
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
No it's not, it's NCAA 13.

Prove me wrong.
I'm not sure what you mean so I'm guessing you mean "no the screenshot in the OP isn't from NCAA '14. It's from NCAA '13" If so, then I'm also assuming that you're being sarcastic (IE. saying that there aren't any noticeable improvements to the graphics), but just in case you're not and you're being serious, look at the gloves worn by UVA. Those weren't in '13 so there's your proof that it's from '14.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #77
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
It's unlikely to be fixed this generation, don't quote me on this because it's entirely off of memory but it's an issue with their lighting effects and the white jerseys and essentially the clean jersey is blocking the dirty template from showing. It's unlikely to be fixed this generation, if they alter the engine it'll be more likely to catch it early on the XB1/PS4 generation.

I could be completely wrong and it could be fixed, because like I said it's off entirely memory (and I hope I'm wrong!)
Didn't they fix it a few years ago just by "turning it on" with a patch? All the past years just run together, so I could be wrong about this happening during this current gen.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #78
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Didn't they fix it a few years ago just by "turning it on" with a patch? All the past years just run together, so I could be wrong about this happening during this current gen.
If I remember correctly one year they fixed it with a patch and the next they broke it and never got around to fixing it properly again, it had something to do with the way they use lighting if I remember correctly. I really wish I remember what years I think it was 11/12 but I'm at the same point, it's running together.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 3

It was fixed in '11, very early on, and if I remember correctly it was done by a tuner.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 20

who cares about the sleeves, the facemasks, or how big the ball is.

Do lineman block the right guys?
Do safeties cover the deep ball?
Do DL guys go instantly psychic on all option plays?
Are the default rosters still far too powerful (ie: DL guys with as high agility and burst as TB's?)

They keep making the game look more and more incredible, but the gameplay gets worse and worse.

Each team has different blocking schemes. A spread option team has a different blocking scheme than the triple option. the triple option uses the cut blocks, whereas the spread option is more of a zone scheme.

These are big things. Dreadlocks, sleeves, uniform dirt are extremely minor and if the game itself doesn't play right, does it really matter how it looks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »