Home

State of Georgia Recruiting

This is a discussion on State of Georgia Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
State of Georgia Recruiting

So this has bothered me for the past 5 years or so, that the quality of players coming out of the state of Georgia in the game is not high enough. I know that this is a minor issue and most people won't even notice, but I would like to see this become more accurate. Georgia produces the most amount of SEC players than any other state. This past year Georgia had the #1 and #2 ESPN players. I could keep going, but I don't think it's necessary. It wouldn't be that hard to fix and I hope in the future they will adjust it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: State of Georgia Recruiting

I'm not sure how bad you think Georgia recruiting is, but it's one of the best in the game. The only states better than Georgia are Texas, California, Florida (and I'm sure no one would disagree with "the big 3") and Ohio. In '13 i love recruiting Georgia and grabbing that state as a pipeline is always one of my top priorities.

Here are the best recruiting states in NCAA '13:

MOST RECRUITS PER STATE
TX 340
CA 300
FL 280
OH 180
GA 150
AL 113
LA 112
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

As a born and bred Buckeye, It saddens me to say my home state has declined in elite talent the past few years. Georgia should def have more guys than Ohio. I think since everyone jumped on the spread passing fad it softened the brand of football. I think it's funny that Alabama dominates by keeping it simple. Play excellent defense, control the clock, eliminate turnovers,..... and run the damn ball between the tackles!! Amazing how that works. Spread offenses are a gimmick designed to allow weaker less talented teams to compete. It we stop promoting the spread, the lineman get tougher. /end rant.... sorry guys.

Yes OP, Georgia should def be higher than Ohio.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

To be honest, I've never really noticed that (Playing with GT) Texas Cal and Fla should be top 3 then Georgia.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
As a born and bred Buckeye, It saddens me to say my home state has declined in elite talent the past few years. Georgia should def have more guys than Ohio. I think since everyone jumped on the spread passing fad it softened the brand of football. I think it's funny that Alabama dominates by keeping it simple. Play excellent defense, control the clock, eliminate turnovers,..... and run the damn ball between the tackles!! Amazing how that works. Spread offenses are a gimmick designed to allow weaker less talented teams to compete. It we stop promoting the spread, the lineman get tougher. /end rant.... sorry guys.

Yes OP, Georgia should def be higher than Ohio.
Your own team runs the spread lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Most NFL players per capita...Hawaii then Louisiana.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeionAfterPicks

Just for reference: Walter Peyton, Favre, Jerry Rice. Which state again? Lol. And Thats people born in Mississippi, not to mention some of the Greats that played college ball here in the state.

Doesn't have a thing to do with Georgia recruiting, but I felt it had a place lol.

Sent from a place that loves Momma, guns and Jesus. And not necessarily in that order.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeionAfterPicks
OP was talking about the raw number of recruits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »